Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Singing Machine Power Port Replacement

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
I'm trying fix a Singing Machine SML385BTBK. The female power port on the back was pushed in and broken off and I was wondering if anybody knew how to identify it and where I can find a replacement one?

Measuring the female side is a bit tricky, but the male end of the AC power adapter (Model GKYPS0150058UL1) measures:
4mm OD
1.85mm ID
10mm from base to tip

Output: 5.8VDC 1500mA
Yellow tip

Is there a name or an IEC/ANSI specification for plugs like this? Does anyone know where I can find a replacement one?

Attachments

• 20171115_110714.jpg
    20171115_110714.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 165

debe

Oct 15, 2011
By your measurement its probably a 2.1mm DC Jack PCB mount generaly around $1. They go by the pin diameter. And they are quite common DC connectors in different sizes.

Attachments

• PLUG & SOCKET.jpg
    PLUG & SOCKET.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 128

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
Thanks! Evidently, I typed the wrong words into digikey and mouser earlier, but now I think I'm on the right track!

Maglite69

Nov 23, 2017
I'm looking to replace the exact same part...were you able to locate a suitable jack? Do you have a link or a part number?

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
Yes sir! I haven't installed it yet, but it does fit the charger. Found it on Digikey. Part: CP-018PJ-ND

(Edit) Although, it was brought to my attention that the spacing for the pin on the side does not line up quite right with the circuit board for this model. I would recommend verifying proper spacing using the datasheet when replacing parts like this. Learn from my mistakes kids

Last edited:

Mary1

Dec 26, 2017
I'm trying fix a Singing Machine SML385BTBK. The female power port on the back was pushed in and broken off and I was wondering if anybody knew how to identify it and where I can find a replacement one?

Measuring the female side is a bit tricky, but the male end of the AC power adapter (Model GKYPS0150058UL1) measures:
4mm OD
1.85mm ID
10mm from base to tip

Output: 5.8VDC 1500mA
Yellow tip

Is there a name or an IEC/ANSI specification for plugs like this? Does anyone know where I can find a replacement one?
By your measurement its probably a 2.1mm DC Jack PCB mount generaly around $1. They go by the pin diameter. And they are quite common DC connectors in different sizes.

Hi,
I’m looking to replace the same thing. I’m curious as to how you were able to access the back without damaging anything?

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
The top comes off. I no longer have the unit, but I believe that there were four screws that held the top, black part on. It lifts up, then you have to disconnect some wires. Once inside, you should be able to remove some screws (and possibly more wires) to get the circuit board out where you can work on it.

Please keep in mind that this is all from memory and I've worked on quite a few things since then, but hopefully that will help get you started.

Also, I did have to modify the new power port slightly to get the pins to line up correctly. Soldering skills are a must.

Morningstar.of

Jul 7, 2019
I have a unit SDL-9030 that was brought in where customers kid plugged wrong charger into it. I would like to know where you found the data sheet. I need one on the main pcb and I cant seem to locate one.

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
I have a unit SDL-9030 that was brought in where customers kid plugged wrong charger into it. I would like to know where you found the data sheet. I need one on the main pcb and I cant seem to locate one.

I didn't search for a datasheet for the old port, just the new one. Places like Digikey or Mouser will have them. I should have measured the pin spacing for the old port and checked the datasheet for the new one before ordering it. Instead I had to modify the new one to make it fit. If I remember right I had to run a jumper wire because one of the pins wouldn't reach.

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
Hi Haile790! It's not the sort of thing that I fix on a regular basis. You may try starting a new thread that describes the problems you're having with it. There are some smart people in the forum that can guide you better than I can.