Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Samsung HP-R5052 plasma won't start

true4

Apr 6, 2011
trying to figure out a plasma that wont start it just clicks from the relays its a samsung hp-r5052,
i replaced the LJ92-01045A X-Sustain / Z-Sustain Board for SAMSUNG HP-R5052 it was burned,
and dont see any capacitors blowned unless there bad but i dont see it whats next to check? i can replace it i have an iron, whats next to check ? i need help please

SeasonedTech

Mar 31, 2011
No TV repair shops in your area?
Ya know, those professional techs find the problems much faster.

FrenicX

Apr 3, 2011
trying to figure out a plasma that wont start it just clicks from the relays its a samsung hp-r5052,
i replaced the LJ92-01045A X-Sustain / Z-Sustain Board for SAMSUNG HP-R5052 it was burned,
and dont see any capacitors blowned unless there bad but i dont see it whats next to check? i can replace it i have an iron, whats next to check ? i need help please

There are some really helpful people here who might be able to give you some ideas. I'm sure someone will chime in but it helps to have a more detailed explanation of the problem and what you have done. Pictures help too.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Firstly you need to know that the TV can kill you.

Then we need to know if you have test equipment and whether you know how to use it.

Also, what is your experience with electronics?

Does the TV use surface mount components, and do you know how to replace them (should it come to that)?

true4

Apr 6, 2011
ribbon

i think it might be a wire ribbon its punctured look at the picture, im sure maybe thats why the screen is not turning on.
CIMG0557.jpg

true4

Apr 6, 2011
i have fixed few screens and have some experience with electronics whats Does the TV use surface mount components?
the guy that had this plasma did that and i just found it 2day.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If there are broken connections there, then it may be a cause.

I would first try reading the resistance between corresponding pins of the connectors to see which ones are broken.

Assuming there are broken connections, I would try carefully separating the strands of cable and applying a temporary patch. Then re-test the cable to see if your fix is OK.

If this fixes the fault then you need to decide if your patch is acceptable, or whether you need to replace the cable. But that can come later.

Even if it doesn't fix the fault, you might want to consider replacing it if you do manage to fix the set.

Surface mount components are components attached directly to the PCB without wires. It is often tricky to use traditional soldering equipment with them.

true4

Apr 6, 2011
ribbon

yeah there about 3 tiny wires cut, ill try to open it up try to solder it

SeasonedTech

Mar 31, 2011
Proper repair is replacing the cable, not putzing around playing with microscopic mylar ribbons.
Someone must have been playing technician and caused that tear. :rolleyes:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Proper repair is replacing the cable, not putzing around playing with microscopic mylar ribbons.

But diagnosis comes before repair. I'm sure I would feel much happier trying to find a replacement cable if I knew it would actually fix the fault.

There is also a world of difference between commercial repair and "fixing stuff". One of these is that the cost of time is often far lower.

true4

Apr 6, 2011
didnt work, still clicking the same 1 click the lad light lights up wait 5 sec then 2 clicking sounds i think it turns off the plasma, is it becouse i dont have nothing pluged in? in a antena or ps3?

Last edited:

true4

Apr 6, 2011
true that
just wanted to give a try
you dont think its something else or you think three broken mylar ribbons will not start up the screen

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would try patching the cable to see if it is implicated. I don't think you say where it's connected, but you can be sure that they're not supposed to have holes in them!

true4

Apr 6, 2011
I would try patching the cable to see if it is implicated. I don't think you say where it's connected, but you can be sure that they're not supposed to have holes in them!

i kno where its connected,lol and i didnt make that hole

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
*You* know where it's connected. But *we* don't. It could be relevant, it might not be.

We believe that you didn't make the hole (not that it matters), but have you tried to repair the broken wires yet?

edit: OK, I see your repairs now. You posted it at the same time as I was posting something and I didn't check the previous page.

I'm not certain from your postings whether or not you've tried this. As mattymatt says, insulate the wires before you do.

Last edited:

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
I gotta say, not a bad looking job you did there.... good luck! Normally I just replace those... it almost looks like an IDE (computer 40-80 wire ribbon... 28-30ga wires) cable.... which, again, I just replace. Honestly though, considering the size, I think you did a pretty decent job, but even if its perfect, it still may not work, just because the leads now are different lengths, and depending on the circuit's sensitivity, it may make a difference.

Good luck! I got my fingers crossed for ya.
Matty-

true4

Apr 6, 2011
I gotta say, not a bad looking job you did there.... good luck! Normally I just replace those... it almost looks like an IDE (computer 40-80 wire ribbon... 28-30ga wires) cable.... which, again, I just replace. Honestly though, considering the size, I think you did a pretty decent job, but even if its perfect, it still may not work, just because the leads now are different lengths, and depending on the circuit's sensitivity, it may make a difference.

Good luck! I got my fingers crossed for ya.
Matty-

Thanks Matt i am going to replace it no matter what just wanted to see if it will work and yes leads are now different length and it could be sensitivity i did insulate them ill take more pictures and i found schematics im going to study and post some more pictures to show you guys what i have to deal with.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/34807692/Samsung-Hp-r5052

true4

Apr 6, 2011
Thanks Matt i am going to replace it no matter what just wanted to see if it will work and yes leads are now different length and it could be sensitivity i did insulate them ill take more pictures and i found schematics im going to study and post some more pictures to show you guys what i have to deal with.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/34807692/Samsung-Hp-r5052

when i unplug the x bord fromdc-dc bord the relays click on right and you hear a beep sound like the tv startes but i think now the x bord is bad,,,

true4

Apr 6, 2011
when i unplug the x bord fromdc-dc bord the relays click on right and you hear a beep sound like the tv startes but i think now the x bord is bad,,,
yes!!!!! and i finally got the plasma started without the X bord.
i figure out that the votage regulater where you turn it up or down with a small screewdriver was bad so 2 day im going to try to replace it,