Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Relay Selection Help (PCB Design)

dash

Oct 20, 2013
I am restoring an 92 model motorcycle and redesigning a 12VDC main circuit board to incorporate to older circuit boards that contain two different general purpose relay switches. I have done a bit of homework with respect to opto, solid state, and standard electromechanical switches, however the switches that in replacement are no longer produced and i could not get the manufacturer to recommend a replacement, nor could i find any datasheet to compare. I found a datasheet for a similar switch, but am unsure that the specifications would be similar.

My inquiry is as follows:

Can someone with EE experience give me some parameters to select a new switch (i.e. coil voltage, resistance, currrent etc)? I have spent a bit of time on supplier websites narrowing choices but have not found anything that suits me. The known switch is an Omron General Purpose G4U-1 SPDT, Coil 9VDC, 0.5A(250V) to 2.0A(30V) and is used for a fuel pump and is also used for the starter, separately. The other switch is an NEC MR331-31 used for a flasher relay.

I dont mind studying and exploring to find the answer, but if i had some known flexible design parameters it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.