Power supply purchase

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
nice looking supply
it has good voltage and current range, appears that it can be current limited

Dave

pilko

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks Dave for the response. I think you are correct about the current limit. I wasn't sure about this part of spec :-

"Intelligent protection: Tracking OVP, Tracking OCP, OTP, Output short circuit protection."

pilko

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
This appears to be a very nice switching power supply that can provide constant-voltage or constant-current, depending on front-panel switch selection. The price is very good, too.

The only caveat would be the switching noise, both in the output, conducted on the power line, and radiated through the air. This noise generally will NOT be a problem for most low-frequency analog circuits, and for digital logic, but could be of concern for amateur radio or short-wave listening receiver applications. It has been my experience that you won't know until you try it whether the power supply switching noise will be a problem or not.

I would purchase the power supply for general-purpose use on a hobby bench and worry about whatever noise there is when, or if, it becomes a problem.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm somewhat concerned that they have special prices for "Novermber" and that the 110/220 volt selector is shown in the 230V position. Oh, and that the Australian plug shown appears to be a Chinese plug (maybe they are not intending to show an Australian plug...).

I guess these are indications that the product is not necessarily being sold by people with a high degree of technical knowledge. But you probably knew that :)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I do like the (most likely unnecessary) heat sinks around the enclosure though. If it is a switching supply, which, from other info it is, it should not need that kind of heat sinking.

Bo

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I do like the (most likely unnecessary) heat sinks around the enclosure though. If it is a switching supply, which, from other info it is, it should not need that kind of heat sinking.

Bo

provides some nice RF shielding tho ;)

almost tempted to buy one and give it a good going over and see how it stacks up

pilko

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks for the responses everyone.-- I have ordered one -- will report back when I have tested it.

pilko