Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Possible help programming a Picaxe 08?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Sorry to say I'm a long way from being healed but it hasn't kept me off the bike. Showering is a pure joy each night! :eek:

Thank for asking Martin.
Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012

irishluck

Mar 12, 2014
Sorry I havent been on here in the past couple of days.
Been alot going on and got a new job as an electronics technician wiring PLC's. Whole new learning curve!

I need to go back and read the last couple post you submitted but just a quick question.
You said to use a photo transistor instead of a photocell.
Why is that exactly?

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Sorry I havent been on here in the past couple of days.
Been alot going on and got a new job as an electronics technician wiring PLC's. Whole new learning curve!

I need to go back and read the last couple post you submitted but just a quick question.
You said to use a photo transistor instead of a photocell.
Why is that exactly?

OK, this is going to be an embarrassing moment for me. My excuse is I must have had a brain fart. What I was going to reply was that a PhotoTransistor can be treated by a uC as a digital input, IE.. either ON or Off like a switch but I would have been only partially correct. In reality a PhotoTransistor can only be used with a uC digital input by first conditioning its output with a Schmitt Trigger. PhotoTransistor with Schmitt Trigger

PhotoTransistor Images

The fact is you can do the same thing with a LDR with Schmitt Trigger

I will say this though but I don't think it matters much in your case.. A PhotoTransistor is much faster than an LDR. When comparing the two it's like comparing a Prius with a double A fuel dragster.

So, now that that's out of the way let's just stick with using an ADC input along with the ReadAdc command.

Cheers,
Chris

irishluck

Mar 12, 2014
No problem. Sometimes things get mixed up.

Again, sorry I haven't replied back here yet.
With the new job and going to school full time I really only have time to do things on the weekends.
So as soon as i get back on this and reading some more I will get back to you guys.
Thanks for the help so far!

irishluck

Mar 12, 2014
Okay so im back here and trying to get back on this project and I just dont understand this variables thing.

I kinda understand this readadc command but I don't get the variables.
Can someone help me with that?

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Sorry for not replying but I've been on the road (HELL!!) for the last week +. Suffering a hangover now but I'll get back to you when I screw my head back on.

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Okay so im back here and trying to get back on this project and I just dont understand this variables thing.

I kinda understand this readadc command but I don't get the variables.
Can someone help me with that?
What don't you understand?

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Read page 52 & 53 of PDF1 (Getting Started) manual.

Chris