Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Part identification

rharvey78

Mar 15, 2010
Looking for help identifying a part. Resembles a diode, but the stripe on the end is hashed. Roughly .5 inch long and .25 in diameter. Identifying markings are: IR 31D8 06 6B. This part is on a power board for a sewing machine that I am attempting to repair. If recognizable, could you please identify a source or a suitable alternative. Thanks for any help.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
It sounds like it's a transient protection diode, from International Rectifier.
I was unable to (quickly) locate a datasheet on it however so I'm uncertain about which number in the marking means what.

rharvey78

Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for the reply

I contacted IR and received a reply that they had divested all diode products to Vishay. The Vishay website doesn't help very much. Do you know anyone I could contact that might be able to help cross reference this part for a substitution. Again, thanks for the quick reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I presume you don't have a circuit diagram.

If you can trace where that component is connected in the circuit it would help confirm what it is.

If it is a tpd as Resqueline suggests, then it is likely to be connected across supply rails somewhere. If you can track this down and determine the voltage of those rails (and whether it is AC or DC) it may be possible to guess at its ratings (some of the numbers *may* then make sense)

Not promising anything though..