Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Noisemaker Revenge Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
As a side note, this metal rod got stuck with the original board as well. I think the vibration motor serves 2 purposes, one of them is to make it go down when stuck.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Here is another question: When I use Smart Plug to switch the DC adapter on and off every second, what implication might this have? Note that it would not run like this long. Manybe few minutes in a day.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

If you switch the DC adapter very fast, it depends on the type of DC adapter.
When it is a SMPS adapter, it might fail soon, as that is not upto fast switching.
When it is an old type of adapter, the output voltage may drop a bit when switched off and come back when switched on again.
How deep the dip is depends on the buffer capacitor in the adapter.

Bertus

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I am even more confused now.
I thought you were putting the new board in the orange device.
I also thought the ‘hammer’ counter weight spun hitting the back of the orange plastic like a cam.
The motors are screwed down, the motor shaft spins, the counter weight knocks.
So, what are your intentions with the new board?. Where will you put it?

Martin

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Hello,

If you switch the DC adapter very fast, it depends on the type of DC adapter.
When it is a SMPS adapter, it might fail soon, as that is not upto fast switching.
When it is an old type of adapter, the output voltage may drop a bit when switched off and come back when switched on again.
How deep the dip is depends on the buffer capacitor in the adapter.

Bertus

Thank you Bertus. Is there any danger apart from the adapter failing? Like fire, or some other thing? Smart Plug is plugged into a 220V wall plug. Adapter is plugged to it.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I am even more confused now.
I thought you were putting the new board in the orange device.
I also thought the ‘hammer’ counter weight spun hitting the back of the orange plastic like a cam.
The motors are screwed down, the motor shaft spins, the counter weight knocks.
So, what are your intentions with the new board?. Where will you put it?

Martin

Yes new board is connected to orange device. Once everything works, I will put it inside the orange device where the old PCB is. Just testing now.

You are correct about motor. Yes it makes half a turn to hit the top of the box. Think of this like you are hammering to your ceiling.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

I have seen SMPS adapters creating a dead short, blowing fuses.

Bertus

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That unit will do exactly what your new board does except it has a reverse switch.
The switch needs manual input so it won’t help.
We need to find an easy way for the motor to spin and ‘knock’ on the casing, giving the desired effect.
Perhaps raising the motor so the ‘hammer’ clips the casing?. The motor will only rotate in one direction with the new board.

Martin

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Thanks! You are great help.

I can raise the motor, but clipping won't be effective (loud). It would not be useful. I tried with some coins and metal but it is not as loud as hitting that plastic.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

When you want to have space to allow the motor the turn around and no need to have the motor go forward and backwards.

turning hammer.png

Bertus

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I think what I need is this:

When power is supplied to the board, it shows motor is going forward, stopping, going backward (with configured times). If that board can loop it, it would work perfect. Both forward and back will hit, great for my scenario.

Yes, that is what I need!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

F-01
After power-on, the motor is forward T1 time; then the motor stops T3 time; then the motor reverse T2 time; so it is repeated Nx times.

Last edited:

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Aliexpress takes 40 days! I will order from Amazon US, but will cost $80 in shipping :)

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Throwing money at similar boards won’t help.
That board is timed to change direction.
Why not think ‘outside the box’. Raise the motor so the ‘cam’ spins freely, screw down a piece of hacksaw blade or similar that the cam lifts each revolution. When the cam passes, the flexi metal or similar will slap down hitting the surface. Like an old football clacker. This is only an idea but will definitely work.

Martin

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I already ordered 2 to offset shipping.

If you watched the video at 16:40 mark, you can see that it is doing exactly what we want it to do:
Forward 1 sec, stop 1 sec, reverse 1 sec. Run this X loops. All configurable.

I had to look up what a clacker is :) The point with anything else is the "noise". Hitting it with force makes good sound that vibrates and travels. Others will just make the noise inside as they scrape by.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I will keep you posted. Many thanks, this has been great experiment!

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Ok, keep us informed with your progress.
Martin

Finally SUCCESS!!!!
Martin, let me send you some beers!

I got the board, it is working perfectly!!!!

Thanks so very much for all the help. I could not have done this without your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.