Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newbie RF circuit help..

nbb

Jul 4, 2013
Hello guys! :)

Im not an electronics engineer or even an engineer. im just a hobbyist who like doing projects and sometimes, it cant be helped but there are some electronics required..

here's my problem...

i would like to purchase/make(preferably make) my own CHEAP,SIMPLE and MINI RF receiver... i was hoping it would meet this requirements...

1. it can be powered by a button cell(1.5-9v)
2, consist of only a few parts(resistors,capacitors)
3.it can power a single Christmas light

i want to press a remote control and lit a single xmas light for at least 10m away..

i did find some receiver ic on the net, is that what i was looking for? and if its that, how do i connect it with a christmas light and battery?
this project should be very very small, it can fit at least a ping pong ball.

advance thanks for your kind response...

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/wireless-rf-radio-frequency/receiver-ics.aspx

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to the forums :)

you are not likely to make something that small yourself
you would definitely need to look at existing modules like used to car remote central locking, garage door openers etc
and even then you may find it VERY difficult to find a receiver circuit board that small.
search google and eBay for remote transceiver/receivers see how you get on :)
maybe you will find something that will suit your needs

your link doesn't work, so not sure what you were wanting to show us ??

cheers
Dave

nbb

Jul 4, 2013
nice! thank you dear sir dave!
no mathematical solution can solve a woman's mood swings indeed!

anyway, I wanted to show you guys the ic I found which is said as described as a receiver ic.. I guess your right sir.. but even though I cant build something that small, but at least its small and simple enough..

thnx for your warm and immediate response sir dave!