Maker Pro
Maker Pro

networx nx6

Murse1966

Apr 25, 2018
I am trying to override the alarm , since I moved in and don't know previous code . Anyone out there able to help ? I was able to do something then I set off the alarm , things went crazy . I just want to start over but need help. It seems to be permanently armed now , and I have had to just unplug it until I get help. I'd hate to pay someone to come out for a service call when i'm sure it's just as simple a pressing a few buttons.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
By some quirk of fate, I never had occasion to work with any of the Networx panels, but this is a not-uncommon problem with most professional-grade alarm panels: There is a setting in panel programming that allows the User to arm the system without using the code (Quick-Arm feature)---which occasionally leads to your situation. This is exactly why I don't enable that option unless the buyer insists on it. It's not like entering a 4-digit code is a big drain on one's time.

Since I'm not an expert in this particular panel, I'm going to refer you to this site:
http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html
By coincidence, someone posted with nearly the same problem about 3 weeks ago, only with a different Networx model, a NX-8V2, but what's on that thread probably applies to your panel---but post there and ask one of the expert techs to be sure.