Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with part number search

Bobbio127

Dec 1, 2010
Hi there. I am trying to locate a replacement transformer for the main control board for my GE profile dishwasher. I have searched all of the numbers on the transformer with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see the attached picture. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3987.jpg
    IMG_3987.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 283

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You're probably going to have to get it from an appliance repair supply house anyway.
Call up one in your area, give them the Make, model number, and maybe serial number of the diswasher, and they'll be able to identify the part number (probably a GE replacement, or equivalent).
If you don't want to buy from THAT particular place, once you have the part number, you can look for it elsewhere.

Bobbio127

Dec 1, 2010
You're probably going to have to get it from an appliance repair supply house anyway.
Call up one in your area, give them the Make, model number, and maybe serial number of the diswasher, and they'll be able to identify the part number (probably a GE replacement, or equivalent).
If you don't want to buy from THAT particular place, once you have the part number, you can look for it elsewhere.
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the local shop (www.repairclinic.com) only sells the entire control board which is what I'll end up having to purchase. From all of my research in trying to find a replacement it looks like the transformer is proprietary to GE and end users like me can't just pickup a direct replacement. I don't know what the characteristics of the original part are so I can't find a replacement part that isn't proprietary yet has the same electrical specs. As I said thanks for your help.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Did you try Google?

The second hit after searching for E219755 was this. It suggests it is a 24V 40 VA transformer.

And would you believe, you can get it from Amazon!

That Google thing is cool! Tell your friends about it.

Last edited:

bob_rich

Nov 10, 2010
are U sure the transformer is shot? It certainly does not look burnt out. sometimes they have a thermal fuse link and this fails and can usually be replaced externally. Other possibility is to look at the voltage rating of capacitors in the power supply and try and gauge what the DC supply rail(s) is are and you might be able to get something close enough to work. Or substitute a small Dc supply perhaps?

best of luck

Bob

Bobbio127

Dec 1, 2010
Problem solved.

are U sure the transformer is shot? It certainly does not look burnt out. sometimes they have a thermal fuse link and this fails and can usually be replaced externally. Other possibility is to look at the voltage rating of capacitors in the power supply and try and gauge what the DC supply rail(s) is are and you might be able to get something close enough to work. Or substitute a small Dc supply perhaps?

best of luck

Bob

Many thanks to all who answered. Actually, once I located a wiring diagram for the dishwasher, I was able to determine what the bad component was. Turns out it was a shorted bi-directional zener diode used for surge protection, in parallel with the water valve solenoid coil. I replaced it for $2.00, and the dishwasher is back in business. :)