Maker Pro

Need help on an electronics project

Clueless1234

Feb 1, 2015
so I'm a physics student and we were given a project to do

We have to make something featuring series and parallel circuits
The examples our teacher gave were a park, runway, roller coaster

Now i don't know anything about electronics and I want to make this impressive

My idea was to make a model of the "it's a small world" ride at Disneyland I have no idea what kind of lights I need to buy and how to set it all up. We were also told we wouldn't use batteries and would be plugging in our projects to an outlet when we present it

So ya some advice would be helpful

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
so I'm a physics student and we were given a project to do

We have to make something featuring series and parallel circuits
The examples our teacher gave were a park, runway, roller coaster

Now i don't know anything about electronics and I want to make this impressive

My idea was to make a model of the "it's a small world" ride at Disneyland I have no idea what kind of lights I need to buy and how to set it all up. We were also told we wouldn't use batteries and would be plugging in our projects to an outlet when we present it

So ya some advice would be helpful
To help clear things up, you will be making a scale model and need to provide power to the lights.
What kind of lights do you plan to use, how many do you plan to use, and what kind of 'power supply' will be used.
Getting a student to plug anything directly into the wall is a bad idea. You will most likely be using a DC adaptor, but you need to determine which voltage you will be working with. (Confirm this with the instructor)

Also, it sounds like your model needs to include both a series circuit and a parallel circuit. Do you understand each?