Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need help adding buttons to interact with lcd panel

1twistedtortoise

Mar 27, 2016
So i recently started a project to make my own ultrasonic cleaner. I bought the ultrasonic generator pcb from a company in china and of course they gave me absolutely nothing in the way of a wiring schematic or any sort of documentation. I feel like ive got it mostly figured out, except for the lcd panel. The LCD is used to adjust the power level and timer, but there are no buttons mounted on the panel. There is a row of holes on the board labeled P- P+ t- t+ and a couple others.. there are also two holes labeled COM and another row of 3 the says G and F. Can anyone give me an idea of how to wire the buttons to these? i can upload a picture if need be. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
So i recently started a project to make my own ultrasonic cleaner. I bought the ultrasonic generator pcb from a company in china and of course they gave me absolutely nothing in the way of a wiring schematic or any sort of documentation. I feel like ive got it mostly figured out, except for the lcd panel. The LCD is used to adjust the power level and timer, but there are no buttons mounted on the panel. There is a row of holes on the board labeled P- P+ t- t+ and a couple others.. there are also two holes labeled COM and another row of 3 the says G and F. Can anyone give me an idea of how to wire the buttons to these? i can upload a picture if need be. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Are there part numbers on the LCD Panel?
The direction keys are most often mounted to the rest of the device, the LCD is simply for a display of the current output/settings

1twistedtortoise

Mar 27, 2016
yes part # DH2010-m1 . In this case i believe the lcd is actually used to control the board, though i could be wrong i suppose. there is a dip switch of the back of it to change to frequency that the generator operates at, and nowhere on the main board that suggests any type of controls, while the lcd panel has the p- p+ t- t+ and so forth. it seems like these would relate to power up power down time + time -.. i am uploading a picture,maybe that will help

Attachments

• new 422.jpg
    new 422.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 70

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
yes part # DH2010-m1 . In this case i believe the lcd is actually used to control the board, though i could be wrong i suppose. there is a dip switch of the back of it to change to frequency that the generator operates at, and nowhere on the main board that suggests any type of controls, while the lcd panel has the p- p+ t- t+ and so forth. it seems like these would relate to power up power down time + time -.. i am uploading a picture,maybe that will help
Well... That part number is common with another electrical device.
You have more unpopulated leads on that board as well, and a pin header on the top.
Did the kit come with buttons, or a board to mount buttons to?

1twistedtortoise

Mar 27, 2016
no such luck. I emailed the company in beijing that i bought it from asking for a wiring diagram but havent heard anything back from them yet. i assumed that it would already have the buttons!i thought i would really only need to mount the generator board and lcd into an eclosure and wire up the power and the transducers. The pin header connects to the main generator board. I had no idea i would have to add my own buttons. i found a button strip (part# SPL-016003) that seems like a good choice, but im not 100% sure how to wire it up. the button strip has 2 com leads and leads for each button. would i run a wire from each of the leads on the lcd to one of the buttons and the commons on the lcd to commons on the button strip? as for the Other unpopulated leads, the ones in the box that says (ADJ) and has a G and an F, i really dont know what those correspond to.