Maker Pro
Maker Pro

my laptop's screen is not well ??

AdamThomas

Mar 15, 2011
I have a black screen when I start the computer and that doesn't alter at all. I have a laptop. What could be wrong and how do I fix this problem.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You may have a failure in the inverter powering the backlight.

See if you can make out any part of an image on the display with a torch or in strong light.

It is often possible to get replacement inverters -- although a lot depends on the model laptop you have.

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
Depending on the model / brand of the laptop here are a few common things to look at:
HP DV6000 Series (and a few others): the graphics chips would heat up so much that they would un-seat themselves from the board and make the machine keep re-starting without seeing any boot screen.

Dell Machines: Generally its the inverter board that goes (as steve said), depending on the model this may be in the screen or it may be in the body of the laptop.

Apple (older): Many of the older apple machines it was also the inverter board that went, and a great many of them were in the laptop body, and required a FULL tear down to actually get to it... a very long process (see Apple Powerbook G4 Titanium)

Above is Just an example, if you can post more details, I'd be happy to see what I could find for info for you.