Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lenovo laptop charger. Please Help.

Hexram

Apr 4, 2016
Hey Guys,

Situation - The charger for my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 died. I went to the shop which is about a 450km round trip but they did not have the right one. I decided to buy the Yoga Pro 3 charger which has the same voltage and same amp as my current one so i decided to buy it and splice the wires to the plug for my laptop.

Problem - The adapter i bought also does USB charging. Which i cut the cable for the charger to slice the wires the main positive wire (white) only provides 5.15v which i asume is for USB charging. The second (Green) provies 4.5v. and there is a negative wire. The problem i am having is that i cant get the charger to output the 20v 3.25a it says it can. I think it might be a "smart charger" or something.

Can anyone please help me with this problem? I want it to output the 20v 3.25a.

Thanks.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Hexram . . . . . . .

(Aaaaaayyyyy mate . . . . .that's one l o o o o o o o o n g - l o o o o o o o o n g trip to come up empty handed . . . . .and even having had to fight off the dingos.)

The right of these adapters is the wrong one . . .being the USB . . . . the left one should be the one that you are interested in, with its 20V supply and the ground, being on two of its wires

71-mrWyM3XL._SL1500_.jpg

With this being the laptop mating connector . . . . . .SUYIN # 24323 . . . . . . .with two nearby 2R2 resistors / inductors ? for positional referencing.:

original

I am seeing four STRONG connections on the two corners, as sets of 2 and 2 and probably relating to the shell mounting and then there are what looks like four central connections .
So some "intercommunicating" on two of those connections might be involved with two for the power.
Voltmeter . . .anyone ? .

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: