Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED driver help

Kiken

Jun 18, 2013
I guys, so im trying to repair a LED driver of a LED lamp...

I got the thing apart and as you can maybe tell from the image it has some blown up capacitors, so...

http://i.imgur.com/NmkvgAt.jpg

I want to know how to test the other one that is in good conditions to know the specs of the driver.

Few things I know are, open circuit is 180V DC, and should probably be a CC Driver.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi kiken
welcome to the forums :)

Your pic isnt showing up, try again so we can see what you are talking about :)

Dave

Kiken

Jun 18, 2013
I can see the picture just fine, maybe the problem is in your end?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
its there now you hosting site must have had a problem for a while

it was coming up error 404 ( Not found) for the www site you linked to

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The first think is to determine what a "normal" load for them is and see how they react when loaded with that.

The best advice here is to set up some resistors or similar which will act similarly to the load if the load is LED lighting or similar which may be expensive and you probably don't want to destroy. This also allows you to manipulate the load to characterise the power supply.

It's worth also having a good one to compare the results with.

This device seems to be connected to the mains, so be VERY CAREFUL and don't touch anything while the power is connected -- assume IT WILL KILL YOU.

Also, even after the power is switched off, there may be a couple of hundred volts sitting across a capacitor, and that will really sting if it bites you.

Some cheaper constant current supplies can be damaged by running them without a load.