Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to get Cs and Rs?

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
Hello,

I'd like to know how to get Cs and Rs.Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-07 um 10.35.16.png. Here I've substituted arbitrary values for both Rs And Cs; only R1 is set at 100Ω[ I varied this from 10Ω - 150Ω ] . So from ltspice I got an output like thisBildschirmfoto 2015-09-07 um 10.43.00.png

But if I hook this circuit up to an osci [with Cs and Rs unknown] I get this100Ω.PNG.

Any idea?

From that graph, I kinda got Cs through this100.PNG - which is just a magnified pic of the blue output slope - by measuring the tau = 63.2% x Uoutput (max) and then Cs = tau/R1 = 0.380nF. How to get Rs? Not quite certain here. Think I'm doing it wrong somewhere.

Thanks!

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
I'd like to know how to get Cs and Rs.
So from ltspice I got an output like this

But if I hook this circuit up to an osci [with Cs and Rs unknown] I get this

Any idea?

!

Any idea? About what?
At first, YOU have to answer some questions in order to let us know what you want.
1.) What are the purposes and the requirements of the circuit?
2.) What was the input signal for the LTSpice simulation?
3.) Input signal for oscilloscope measurements?

Note: Helpful answers need a clear description of the problem.

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
Any idea? About what?
At first, YOU have to answer some questions in order to let us know what you want.
1.) What are the purposes and the requirements of the circuit?
2.) What was the input signal for the LTSpice simulation?
3.) Input signal for oscilloscope measurements?

Note: Helpful answers need a clear description of the problem.

Hellow LvW,

ah, input is just a ±1V 4kHz signal. and Rs & Cs represent the unknown internal impedance of a sensor. SO what I did was add a known Resistor in the front so that the outputs shown on the Osci would represent the input voltage ( this being the YELLOW line ) in relation to the output voltage ( BLUE line ) and HENCE I can then calculate the unknown values from there.

I'm sorry for the lack of information. I just thought it might be a known formal procedure and if anyone who has done something like that could immediately see what I lack, be it in the circuit or calculation.

So, my bad. Is there anything else that I am missing out?

Thanks for your time.

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
OK - what I see is the following (although I cannot find Rs and Cs in your circuit):
* You have a passive lowpass with a cut-off frequency of app. 4 MHz.
* Your input signal is squarewave with a frequency of app. 4 kHz.
* It is, therefore, no surprise that no real filtering takes place - and the output voltage is nearly identical to the input voltage.
* I think, the oscilloscope shows these signals (the "rounded" edges are due to the very weak filtering).

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
OK - what I see is the following (although I cannot find Rs and Cs in your circuit):
* You have a passive lowpass with a cut-off frequency of app. 4 MHz.
* Your input signal is squarewave with a frequency of app. 4 kHz.
* It is, therefore, no surprise that no real filtering takes place - and the output voltage is nearly identical to the input voltage.
* I think, the oscilloscope shows these signals (the "rounded" edges are due to the very weak filtering).

Hey,
thanks for your input! I went back and thought about it. Looks like I was taking a wrong approach.

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
Oops. Wasn't complete from above. Yeah so Rs and Cs represent the sensor and since I used a 100Ω outer resistance, which was more or less the same as that of the sensor, the I/O were more or less the same. I'll check further. Thanks again and have a good day!