Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with Burned out 3000 watt inverter

BruceS

Jun 25, 2014
Yes! Good job!
My repairs failed badly.
I have little or no electronic experience and simply replaced the popped mosfets. The simply popped again.
Was worth a try but ..........
Probably going to bin it unless .... ??

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi steve , will it be a problem if I kept them ?

The risk is that you will get a short and bad things will happen. At the very least get 1/8W resistors and trim their leads really short.

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
While it is unfortunate you damaged the supply, the far more important issue is that this occurred. For the inverter to be damaged upon restoration of power, you committed a very serious violation. You plugged the inverter into an outlet, to power your residence apartment, you were also powering the grid supplying your home. This could have damaged someone else's appliances and more importantly injured or killed someone working on the power lines. Before you repair this device, get a transfer switch and install it properly.
I doubt that his inverter could damage the supply coming in through his main breaker which is probably 100 to 200 amps depending on whether or not he is on 120 or 240. He merely 'bucked' an out of phase incoming current if he didn't throw his main circuit breaker to off first. NOTE: Trying to supply the electric company with your power to lower your bill is another matter! Ed.

taslim

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone
I have same inverter. I have repaired it from market twicely.but it burned out when I put load on it. I think when battery is low and output load is high,then it blasts. Can anyone guide me where is the problem????

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Those conditions are when the current from the battery will be highest. Are you sure the devices you're replacing can handle the expected current? If it fails after a while it could also be related to excess power dissipation caused by a higher on resistance.