Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help to a beginner

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
Hello . I am a beginner in eletronics . i am designing a computer program . i need a circuit that can do some simple commands . can any one help me how to do it ?
details of circuit :
it must a simple radio transmitter that with sender i push a button and reciver gets it and do a simple command for example turn on a little dc motor .
Thank youuu.

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
Hi the computer program only defines what the circuit do when it recives a special message . ( and if it is possible define the sender's message )

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yes, the circuit will be computer controlled.
There is another section on this forum for programming / pic / arduino etc.
Sit tight and somebody will help you. I however cannot. Sorry.
Martin.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
a simple radio transmitter that with sender i push a button and reciver gets it and do a simple command for example turn on a little dc motor
Where does the computer and your program come into play in this scenario?

Hi the computer program only defines what the circuit do when it recives a special message . ( and if it is possible define the sender's message )
This is rather general and doesn't help a lot to understand your problem. Can you be more specific?
  • What kind of transmission do you need (radio or infrared)?
  • What is the maximum distance to be expected for the transmission?
  • Do you need to operate several of these transmitters independently from one another or just a single one?
  • What do you mean by "define the sender's message"?
  • On top of this: Do you need the transmission to be secure (so no one else can interrfere) or is this an uncritical path (that may be easily hacked)?

Assuming the receiver is attached to a computer (for your program to run):
  • What kind of computer will you be using (PC, arduino, blackberry etc.)?
  • How is the receiver to be connected to the computer (serail port, control pin ...)?
The more detail for your project you give us, the more likely you will receive a useful answer.

Regards,
Harald

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
Thank you for your noticing. Look the whole is like this : I must have sender with some buttons that each button do something specific. When I push a button a message ( I meant can I send a message like "pull command" to a circuit and it understand?) Must be sent to the receiver ( radio signals and a range between 10 to 20 or 30 meters ) then receiver gives the message to the circuit ( mean the thing that can process commands)
And circuit do it like turning on a dc motor.
The connection if be secure it's better. And the thing that you said the reciver is not always connected to a pc. the circuit that process the recived commands must get the program and do it for it self. The program must be on itself and it runs it .
Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
I searched about arduinos I think they can help is right?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
If the commands are nothing more complicated than turning devices on or off, a device like the one linked in post #2 does everything you need.

If not, you need to give us more information about what you are trying to do.

Bob

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
The commands are on off changing the motor speed or direction . Turning on a device conneted to it and turn it off. Commands are in this range of simplicity. Thank you.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What type of connection are you going to use to control this transmitter PCB? USB, Serial port, Ethernet etc.
Adam

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
Do you mean for putting the program on it ? Not different.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You are going to use the computer to control a PCB correct? You will have to connect this PCB to the computer somehow. How will you do this?
Adam

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
I mean that there isn't duffrenece for me. You say ehich us better.
Ok connecting with usb port.

Last edited:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You could use a MAX232 or similar to send data to a RF module that has a built in UART. Look at the easy radio devices or something similar.
Adam

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
I agree the MAX232 is the easiest to implement, the problem is the PC may not have a COM port available, there are USB/RS232 converters available, not all work as well.
M.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I agree the MAX232 is the easiest to implement, the problem is the PC may not have a COM port available, there are USB/RS232 converters available, not all work as well.
M.

Yes FTDI devices I have used and work very well. Unless you get a fake one that is :)

Nimda

Jun 8, 2015
You could use a MAX232 or similar to send data to a RF module that has a built in UART. Look at the easy radio devices or something similar.
Adam
Thank you but can you explain more.? I am a beginner in Electronics.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What don't you understand? You have heard of RS232 have you? Easy Radio is a product manufactured by a company called LPRS (low power radio solutions). You need to look these things up on the internet.
Adam