Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help me, signed 2 cable boxes...

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
ok so I have these boxes (see pic, fig. 1) and the continuation of my science demands that I harvest its LEDs, inputs, outputs, caps, resistors etc. but then I noticed the out enclosed by a red circle in fig. 1. Now my noise engineering demands that I attempt to use these as a converter to convert my analog guitar output into a digital signal for my PC (for reasons I donno, my pc hears analog fine, my heart wants digital) as I have sought forever now. I pose to you, gentlemen & gentlemen, these questions and bear in mind your answer will either save or condemn the lives of these pay-TV boxes.

Can I use these as an analog-digi converter somehow, willing to solder? what CAN I do with them besides pay for tv? if these boxes are meant for doing science, anyone got a simple, radioshackless converter circuit diagram?
thank you.

Attachments

• 2016-02-20_20-00-15_639[1].jpg
    2016-02-20_20-00-15_639[1].jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 75

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
yes, I have my finger on the order online button, but I prefer to build

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Now my noise engineering demands that I attempt to use these as a converter to convert my analog guitar output into a digital signal for my PC (for reasons I donno, my pc hears analog fine, my heart wants digital) as I have sought forever now

your PC already converts any analog input into a digital signal for storage/playback ... so you have nothing to gain

Dave

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
The audio portion of a cable TV channel already is in a digital format, as is the video. There might be a digital-to-digital converter to make an output that is compatible with home entertainment audio gear, but the only place there is any analog audio in that box is at the red and white connector outputs.

ak