Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help interpreting schematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggerfish76

Sep 12, 2016
Ok. I am fairly new to the electronics hobby but not necessarily electricity...i just need help interpreting a couple of things and dont worry, im not going to electrocute myself...hopefully. i dont understand why there is a 16-30v above the primary coil for starters...i would assume the 12-16v on the left, top, is the DC + (12-16v)...also, am i right in assuming the 5 ground symbols represent the DC - (12-16v)? if all that is correct, im very confused as to why the 16-30v is there...is it a second power source? if so, are both negatives connected together? last question...there is an arrow between the 18k and 50k resistors, and it points back to the middle of the 50k...whats up with that? is that another type of resistor with more than two leads...a potentiometer??i thought i was becoming fairly decent at reading these types of schematics...then i ran into this thing. i appreciate any help or advice in advance...

Attachments

• ET_Flyback_basic.gif
    ET_Flyback_basic.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 69

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
i dont understand why there is a 16-30v above the primary coil for starters
Neither do I. The supply seems to be 12 V ... 16 V at the top left. 30 V as indicated on the top right would destroy the electrolytic capacitor whic is rated at 25 V only.

there is an arrow between the 18k and 50k resistors
This arrow indicates a 50 kΩ potentiometer.

I googled the design and found that it is intended to create dangerously high voltage! Your questions, however, suggest that you are not up to dealing with this kind of circuit. I will therefore close this thread. Feel free to discuss this with my fellow mods if you feel this decision is unjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.