Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help a noob!

koyukano

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone, this is my first post so please try to go easy and I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge, I do intend to do lots of reading on the subject.

I want to build what should be a fairly simple (I would imagine so?) set of devices ( 2 twinned devices in fact), but have little idea where to start or if this is indeed possible?

So the devices would need to be small in order to fit in an object I am trying to make. These devices would connect via Bluetooth to a phone, be powered by a small battery and have some sort of sensor so when the object (object 1) with device 1 inside is squeezed it will send a signal via Bluetooth to the users mobile phone and then via the internet (or text?!?) to its twin device (device 2) in object 2 which would then light up that object.

Is this at all possible and I guess more importantly feasible for a complete novice to complete over time? I do not mind researching and looking information up as I assume this will require a fair amount of reading on the subject, I would just first like to know if this is feasible from people of more experience than myself (does not take much!).

I guess the tricky part would be the sending of the signal after it has reached the first phone to the second phone. Would I need to create an app to do this or is there another way around this as I would imagine this might make this whole project a non starter!

Apologies if this seems like an absolutely ludicrous undertaking for a beginner but any help would be much appreciated! :):D

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Not even close to a beginner project. How many years do you have to complete it?

I guess the tricky part would be the sending of the signal after it has reached the first phone to the second phone.
That is the easiest part, it is called a text message.

Bob