Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello Everyone, I am off to a rocky start!

LarryD98

Jan 11, 2016
Posted to the wrong person right out of the gate. And to a old thread! Anyway I am just starting to try my hand at some electronics repair. I am as green as grass ! Retired Machinist/ Programmer of 42 years. Just started racing flat track motorcycles . Kind of a late start but what the heck. Looks like a nice forum. Great response from what seems to be very knowledgeable people! Please forgive my spelling! LOL! I can't wait to dive in.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hello and welcome Larry.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Yeah, Larry, welcome to Electronics Point. We might rake you over the coals a little bit since you are an old newbie, but you will have fun. Don't worry 2 much bout spullin. And one LOL goes a long way here. I envy you your motorcycle racing. My wife won't let me get on my bike again unless I convert it to a trike, but I did get ten years of riding starting at age 55. A few heart attacks have slowed me down a bit.

So what's your first electronic repair question? Does it have anything to do with your amplifier on this thread? Or your power problem (getting enough for a 5600 watt audio amplifier) on this thread? You might need to use a motor-generator set for that one... something in the 10 to 20 kilowatt range delivering at least 240 VAC at 50 to 100 A.

Stick around here for more helpful responses. We LOVE to help!

Hop

LarryD98

Jan 11, 2016
Hello Hop, Well, I am starting to get the amp figured out. And I have Shortened the run and added a second run using a separate breaker with super heavy gage wire. As far as the racing goes or for motorcycles in general it cost me! She left me after my second crash on my street bikes! LOL! But what the hell, I am liking the single life better now anyway. I have been racing just short track. They put me in with the young bucks instead of the veterans class. Out of ten of us I placed third in the heat and fourth in the main. This was only my third time out in twenty years! Thank god it was only a eight lap race! I have a 1972 Bultaco 250 Astro pictured. the rear brake was on the left so I only had the compression release to slow it down, Steel shoe on the left foot does not work very well for braking . I have since moved the rear brake on the right with the shifter, Changed the gearing and lowered the bike by one inch. I think I may have a little something for the boys once it is all dialed in! Sorry to hear about you health, mine is not the greatest as well. But if I am going to die at least( I hope ) it will happen doing something I have always loved, and that is without a doubt Motorcycles. Second would be Women ! LOL! I am 60 going on thirty in my head and I refuse to grow up! Hench the stereo and the bikes! Oh and I am as green as they come with electrical so be prepared if you try to help me! I might end up racking you over the coals a bit ! Ha ha

LarryD98

Jan 11, 2016
Hello, I have become so busy. I need to put my project off for a bit but I will be back for sure with even more items. Thank all of you for the welcome, be back soon!