Maker Pro
Maker Pro

GYS Flash 50.12HF Battery Charger & Support unit capacitor value

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkieys17

Feb 7, 2016
Just beginning the investigation so I appreciate its a long shot but trying to identify a burnt component value. So this went bang after it was moved. Amazingly I have checked the components around the incineration and so far all appear to have survived....apart from one multi layer ceramic capacitor and a very fine PCB track on the rear of the simple 2 layer circuit board. The pad size suggest it was a 1812 capacitor - but obviously that is no guide to value. Don't suppose anyone out there recognise the circuit type - its the very low resistor value. Have found a picture of what it should look like, the BBQ ! and my start of the circuit diagram. The blobs are where the circuit board connects to circuits on the back plane...so this is where the work really begins and its obviously not complete yet.gys1.jpg s that suggest to me this part was a current sense circuit...

Attachments

• Gys1.jpg
    Gys1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 11
  • gys2.jpg
    gys2.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 11

cartronic

Jun 18, 2021
hi
did you solwed problem with your gys 50.12?
i have gys 50.24 with same problem.When power i have shortcut and bang.
i think that this oscilator abcch fan6862 was problem.
best regards from Belgrade.
cartronic

punkieys17

Feb 7, 2016
Havent solved mine. Have good high voltage rails but the lower voltage is not there. The 5V regulator is getting nothing. I have a major problem that many semiconductor components are impossible to read due to the glaze.

Daytonakid

Nov 28, 2023
Havent solved mine. Have good high voltage rails but the lower voltage is not there. The 5V regulator is getting nothing. I have a major problem that many semiconductor components are impossible to read due to the glaze.
Any luck with this ?

Daytonakid

Nov 28, 2023
hi
did you solwed problem with your gys 50.12?
i have gys 50.24 with same problem.When power i have shortcut and bang.
i think that this oscilator abcch fan6862 was problem.
best regards from Belgrade.
cartronic
Did you manage to fix this pal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.