Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Galaxy note 10.1 2014 battery problems

Blopr

Feb 16, 2020
I own a Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition tablet. It started having problems a couple of weeks ago where it would not hold it charge. When plugged in, it wouldn't see the charger and stay at 1%, however I could keep using it. I then replaced the battery with a new one. It displayed the charge it came with and I was able to use it until the battery ran out. However it still wouldn't recharge and now I also can't use it when plugged in. That's now also the case when I replace it with the original battery. It was working perfectly so it would be a shame to replace it. Does anyone know what I could do about it? Perhaps replace the charging port?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Sounds like the charger circuitry has failed. I'm not familiar with the Galaxy Note, but is charger circuitry replacement even an option? If the problem is only with the socket itself you may have a chance.

Last edited:

hexreader

Apr 21, 2011
Not seen any evidence to suggest that charger or cable could not be the problem.

Not saying it is likely, just would like to see the simple suspects ruled out before going to the more difficult fixes.

Are you confident that charger and cable are good?

Blopr

Feb 16, 2020
Not seen any evidence to suggest that charger or cable could not be the problem.

Not saying it is likely, just would like to see the simple suspects ruled out before going to the more difficult fixes.

Are you confident that charger and cable are good?
Ah yes, I've checked those

Blopr

Feb 16, 2020
Welcome to EP!
Sounds like the charger circuitry has failed. I'm not familiar with the Galaxy Note, but is charger circuitry replacement even an option? If the problem is only with the socket itself you may have a chance.
Thank you! That should be quite an easy fix, then I'll order one of these

Attachments

• Charger.png
    Charger.png
    439 KB · Views: 3

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The charging circuitry includes both the external charger and the charging control circuitry which is internal to the Note. From a bit of Googling it appears the Note supports USB-PD, so communicates in some way with the external charger. You say you have checked 'the charger'. Is that just the external part?

Last edited: