Connect with us

Electric Guitar Guts

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tedstruk, Dec 16, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    I was a disco rhythm guitarist, and my guitars are stuck with either a really rumbly bass thump thump, or a really tinny twang twang sound. I have tried caps of different sizes in a switched unit, I have tried series and parallel pot wiring, and they all put out sound, but for one reason or another, they just fell short of that snappy, humming chicka-chicka, and had this blasting chucka chucka or a buzzing tingting. What am I doing wrong? I don't want more volume... I have plenty of amps. I just need a nice sound that doesn't wake the dead.

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I don't know, but it kinda sounds like maybe your amp has a fault, and not the guitars(?)

3. garublador

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
    What guitars and pickups are you using? There's only so much you can change with the pots and caps. You may need to consider different pickups.

Ask a Question