Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Diagnosing my Rouku TCL 49S403 streaming TV

Lukon

Sep 29, 2020
Ya. I meant "streaming" not "steaming" I can't edit the headline. [mod edit: I did]

It has backlight but no image. I did the reset thing with the remote control and it did not work.

I assume I need to replace some boards, but want to know which ones.

The symptoms seem to indicate bad T-con board.

But this TV has no T-con board.

Is the T-con circuit built into the main logic board, or the narrow boards that feed the screen?

Anyway, I’d like to know the test points to test at to let me know whether to replace that main logic board. I assume the narrow boards that feed the screen cannot be replaced.

And I suspect the most useful test points to use would be on the narrow boards that feed the screen.

Can someone tell me which of such test points are most useful and what their values should be?

Most of the test points on the narrow boards that feed the screen:

VO1_CB or VO1_C8
VO1_>B
F_GATE
E_101
VREF
L_VAA
POL
SQIN
STVR
OE
CKV
STV
D_GATE
GP01
VP_F
GVON
BK_SEL
DE
TEST
L/N
E102
RST
LOCKN
HTFDN or HTPDN
E1012
GM11
GM10
GM8
GM6
GM3
GM2
GM1
SPI-GND
SPI_DI
SPI_CS
VDD_IO_33
SPI_SCK
SPI_DO
BIST_MODE
BIT_SET
3D_EN
SET_MODE
L/R_I
L/R_O
E1013
VDD1V8
VIN12
EN_1V8
SPI_VDD
ROM_SPI_EN
GM12
GM13
GM15

Attachments

• Layout 02.JPG
    Layout 02.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Do you have the owner's manual? I'd be checking their troubleshooting section before I got into the weeds with this.
A lot of these flatscreens, you have to make sure all of the inputs that the TV is supposed to see are turned-on.
Most of the problems I've seen, especially if you reset the TV to default settings, you have to get into the menu and
make sure the input you want to see is activated. (and that your cables are connected to the correct input jacks)
If you don't have the manual, try to download one from the internet.

Lukon

Sep 29, 2020
Do you have the owner's manual? I'd be checking their troubleshooting section before I got into the weeds with this.
A lot of these flatscreens, you have to make sure all of the inputs that the TV is supposed to see are turned-on.
Most of the problems I've seen, especially if you reset the TV to default settings, you have to get into the menu and
make sure the input you want to see is activated. (and that your cables are connected to the correct input jacks)
If you don't have the manual, try to download one from the internet.

Thanks for the tip, shrtrnd.

I had not tried the reset while the signal cables are attached and delivering video signal and internet access.

So, per your suggestion, I tried that. I had video signals going into the unit at HDMI2 (not ARM) and composite coaxial RCA jack. Also had active eithernet cable plugged in.

Then tried the factory reset procedures again. Still no image.

As for selecting one of the active inputs after doing the reset, I would not know how to do that as the screen image is not present to show me a menu whereby I could do that selecting.

So it looks like I still need to diagnose the problem in terms of which boards to replace.