Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Courtesy

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
I am fairly new to forums, not wanting to upset any one, why is it now and again some will acknowledge your post, and at other times it as if you dont excist, i really dont understand bad manners, i dont think its me, oh well what ever. Dave. PS what does manners and curtousy cost ??? :(

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Curtousy

Ok the penny has dropped, not sure what ive done to upset this member, but looking at my user cp you can block people out, that must be why i think ive been ignored, it all makes sense now.

New to forums see, even though i joined last year i only picked up on the site this year, so even though a few threads ive posted in, iam still learning this forum stuff, i only learnt how to upload images on a forum a couple of months ago, my eldest daughter helps me out if i get stuck.

Any way i thought i had been blanked, but i think this member has blocked me, never mind life goes on, i wont change my ethos on curtousy and manners. Dave. PS forums, i learn something new every day. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm not ignoring you Dave.

I've noticed as I go through all the threads every morning that you've answered a lot of threads.

If I think your answer is good, or if I really can't add anything, I simply leave it and go on to the next one.

However I don't skip to the next one without thinking "Thanks Dave, I'm glad you're helping out so much."

So, Thanks Dave :)

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
I've appreciated your posts too, Dave. I suspect a lot of what you and I take for granted as normal courtesy is often ignored by the younger folks. Certainly not all of them, but a substantial number. It's also complicated by the fact that some folks don't use English as a first language and aren't attuned to the nuances of written communications. And others are just plain rude. Just read past the rude posts, take a deep breath, and life goes on. :)

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Courteous to others

Hello Steve and Daddles. its not i think your ingnoring me, i except a world wide forum, other nations countrys i find very interesting, its not a problem now, iam learning still, if i drop a clue, i dont believe it will upset anyone, a thread i left a post in, to me it seemed as if i was not there, the clue, i have worked in machine shop environments. Thanks for your replys, i really enjoy the forum, and at the time it anoyed me, but its ok, i must learn to except things as they are. Dave.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Yep, sometimes people just ignore you.

Perhaps they get the answer they were after and don't bother to tell you or thank you (if you provided it).

At other times they simply don't read it. I could point to a recent thread where Resqueline has repeatedly suggested the OP read his first reply because it contained the answer...

I'm sometimes guilty of that too, but hopefully I only need to be told once :D

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
after all it is the internet. I know sometimes I always don't show it but I appreciate anyone anytime I learn something from someone else. But, with that said it is very hard to tell everyone thank you when everyday you are learning new things.

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
jackorocko, you make a good point. So let me go on record for saying thanks to the folks on this forum for their efforts, especially Steve and Resquiline, who are prolific and very knowledgeable. I also visit AAC and ElectroTech and there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people there. Spend a few weeks reading the new posts each day and you'll quickly find out who the big guns are.

It's interesting participating in multiple forums, as they have different people and flavors -- each "feels" different and has its advantages and disadvantages.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hello all.
Yes what i thought was a problem is no more, all above comments excepted, onwards and upwards, and the forum is cool, and i also appreciate the greater knowledge of more experienced members, and am glad, if i stuff up on a reply or topic, hopefully not to often, a much more experienced member, Steve and Resqueline and other members with greater knowledge base than me step in and put things back on track.

So thanks for all your reply's, and pleased to be part of the best electronics forum on the net. Dave. :)

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Hi Dave
You seem to be dismayed that your posts are not aknowledged. The forum is open to all and nuggets of wisdom can go to others who do not appear on the thread. I often look up the interesting links which you post but I spend too much time looking at the google box and do not make a comment unless it is relevant to the thread.
So, carry on reguardless.
Duke

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Duke.
No not dismayed at all, ive had other posts gone by the way side, i think your misunderstanding my initial, grown if you like, 1 yes one post out of 300+ it was a single post, in one thread that got me, well annoyed, shall we say at that particular time, but that 1 single post is past tense now, iam wiser now, and least of all dismayed, hope you understand, if not, then look back at clues in old posts ive made in this thread, any way on a positive note, take care Duke, Regards. Dave. :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
dont stress out about it Dave :) I have had many many posts that the OP'er has never bothered to reply ... Steve and Res would say the same thing.
Its just the way many people are in today's society.
Ya do what your can and move on :)

cheers
Dave

Manick9

Sep 14, 2011
Dave you seem a nice person and you have helped me a lot. I can help you if you need anything related to computer stuff. I am not very good at electronics.it is that person's loss. in a forum u can gain from other experienced people as well.I think this one is a active and good one.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hello Dave. My thoughts exactly, iam still a novice in the art of forums, but i think its a constructive thing to be doing, rather learn on the forum, i cant do that what the misses spends time on, FB that is, anyway looking forward to many more interesting topics, discussions. A little wiser now, in a posative way. Dave.