Maker Pro
Maker Pro

cap specification

Alanpiga

Feb 14, 2015
I am going to use a Behringer U-Control UCA202 audio interface with digital audio to feed signal from my phono stage into the computer to get readings with a software based oscilloscope with the goal of checking cross talk in order to adjust phonograph cartridge azimuth. I have been told to use a .047 Mfd cap in series with the hot lead of each channel. I believe the reason for this is to filter out unwanted frequencies from the signals. I have searched on line and found them in different voltage versions: 200, 275, 400, 600 I don't know there may be more options. The question is, based on the use can anybody advise which spefific cap is recommended?
Also the search results include uF .47 ad uF .047 and I don't know which value corresponds with .047 Mfd.
Can somebody help me?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

The capacitor is probably just to reject very low frequencies such as rumble.

The value of "0.047 Mfd" means 0.047 µF (microfarads) which is also equivalent to 47 nF (nanofarads).

Voltage is not an issue for this application, but the type of capacitor is - specifically, don't use a ceramic capacitor - they are only suitable for a limited range of applications. Use a metal film capacitor.

Any of the matches to this product filter on Digi-Key will be suitable. If you want a specific suggestion, this one is the cheapest and well suited to your needs. If you have a different preferred supplier, post their web page address and we can suggest one of theirs.