Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone design this for me

shianhugg

Sep 25, 2013
I need some help designing a project. I need a PCB that will control a brushless 12v DC motor (so 3 phase) from a 12v input. The motor is rated at 15A 12vdc, I need the motor to either be off or run at 100% no variable control. The circuit board will have constant 12vdc source from a battery, ground, and a 12v switched wire that will allow me to turn on and off the system. It basically is a relay that converts from single phase to 3 phase. Can anyone please help me.

goldfist

Sep 18, 2013
It basically is a relay that converts from single phase to 3 phase.

Its more involved than just a relay, as for a relay alone can not do this. Here is a board that can do it for 1.5 Amps fr around $25 USD, but you will need one to handle 15 amps? http://www.ti.com/tool/drv11873evm

*Are you sure its 15 AMPS and not 1.5 AMPS? I would have expected to find a product already out there to support the motor on google and there are none.

Last edited:

shianhugg

Sep 25, 2013
I understand that it's more than just a relay but the last forum i was on that is the only way i could describe it so that there wasn't a million question on what i want. The motor turns a pump that pushing 2 lpm at 55psi so yes i am sure it is 15A not thank 1.5A.

shianhugg

Sep 25, 2013
Goldfist i just but my multimeter on the motor with no load i was getting between .94 and 2.1A draw. So might not need a full 15A but will need more than 1.5A

goldfist

Sep 18, 2013
Ok, so you already have this motor powered in a circuit to measure it under load, which I was not aware of, and just need a simple ON/OFF for it.

You must already have a BLDC Controller then to drive this motor for the full 15A?

If this is the case then you can do this with a relay if this is going to turn on and off by another control or even a 15A rated switch to this BLDC Motor Controller on the 12VDC side and set the pot on this BLDC Motor controller set to 100%, so when 12VDC is applied to the BLDC Motor Controller the motor turns on spinning full speed.

I can draw up a schematic for you if this is the case and I am not misinterpreting the info provided. Athough given as simple as this is to achieve, I feel that something is still missing for info maybe? What is the exact 12V BLDC Motor Make/Part Number to look up what you have and look at specs?

Last edited:

shianhugg

Sep 25, 2013
All i did was stick it in one of my RC motor ESCs to check a current draw. So i still need a full schematic. The manufacturer is Inergy Automotive. The model number i am unsure of because it is in side of a pump housing that i can not take apart without breaking it.