Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can one CR2032 replace two CR2016 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugatea

Jan 20, 2013
Dave thanks for giving mugatea a full explanation of Ohm's law vs my 'wrongs' but I believe he simply believe he 'knows' better and will ignore it fully, thus the reason I didn't bother going into details...

Until he admits he is wrong and admits he doesn't even have a grasp of even the basics explaining it to him is really fruitless...

Dave explination was good, but I really do know and understand Ohm's Law. Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough.

The bottom line is that you said you can't replace (2) CR2016's with (1) CR2032, because it is 6v not 3v. The answer of 6v is too general, you need more info to come to a conclution. It works and it is not Luck. mathematical reasons why it works.

I could go on and answer all the things you tried to prove me wrong with Example. You said: 4 AAA batteries will have the same brightness as 4 D batteries, it just won'tlast as long.

This can't be true using Ohm's Law or Watt's Law since AAA batteries current capacity is way less than D batteries. Your friends would not want to prove you wrong.

But, I Don't have the time. "Wrong LOL", does not make someone right.

What I did works (replacing the 2 CR2016's with 1 CR2032). I did not intend to discredit you or embarrass you........ You came out swinging.

So if you want to believe everything I am saying is wrong, fine. But what I do know is (replacing the 2 CR2016's with 1 CR2032) Works! We can all learn something.

Again, sorry for embarrassing you.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Dave explination was good, but I really do know and understand Ohm's Law. Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough.

thats so true

I could go on and answer all the things you tried to prove me wrong with Example. You said: 4 AAA batteries will have the same brightness as 4 D batteries, it just won'tlast as long.
This can't be true using Ohm's Law or Watt's Law since AAA batteries current capacity is way less than D batteries. Your friends would not want to prove you wrong.

it is true and its well proven and Ohms law will prove it
As I tried to explain to you and you WONT LISTEN the battery current capacity will tell you how long the battery will last with a give current drain, the higher the capacity the longer it will last END OF STORY

But, I Don't have the time. "Wrong LOL", does not make someone right.

What I did works (replacing the 2 CR2016's with 1 CR2032). I did not intend to discredit you or embarrass you........ You came out swinging.

So if you want to believe everything I am saying is wrong, fine. But what I do know is (replacing the 2 CR2016's with 1 CR2032) Works! We can all learn something.

Again, sorry for embarrassing you.

You havent discredited or embarressed me, you are the one who has embarressed himself because of your total lack of understanding

CR2016 3V 90mA/Hr
CR2032 3V 225mA/Hr

if the two CR2016's are in parallel thats 3V at 180mA/hr
if in series its 6V at 90mA/hr

so it depends on what way they are being used, 1 x 2032 will replace 2 x 2016 in parallel still giving 3V and a bit more capacity so will last a little longer
BUT
if the 2 x 2016's are in series, thats 6V and a 2032 is only 3V so your electronic circuit is missing 3V that it needs, It may still work but may not be reliable because of the lower voltage supplied

its really unfortunate that you refuse to see the error of your ways and even worse that you are teaching people incorrect information

Dave

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm going to close this thread now because its obvious you dont wanna see the light
very sad :(
and because of that the discussion is going to pointlessly go round and round in circles

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.