Connect with us

Basic Stamp 2.

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Maintenance Man, Jul 14, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Maintenance Man

Maintenance Man

Jul 14, 2010
    I have been involved with PLCs for over 11 years and enjoy programming them. Ihave found a BASIC Stamp 2 kit in which I would like to learn to program. The class I am taking had a section in the book that talked about the Basic stamp. The instructor thought we did not need to learn about this because it would not help us when fixing something ; but I feel it would not have been in the book if it was not important. I would like some feed back on this as to how important in the electronics field it is to learn basic stamp 2programing and beyond? I strongly bleive that if you learn something you can always apply it to something else you are learning. Thank you all for your help.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Probably not very much at all.

However knowing how to use any micro-controller is useful (it doesn't have to be a basic stamp).

I've always steered clear of these devices because they seemed to me to be pretty expensive and not something that you'd ever embed in a real product.

Others may have a differing opinion :)

3. imranahmed

imranahmed

Jul 30, 2010
    If anybody knows any book about Microcontrollers plz reply me .

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    LMGTFY....

5. brian@1234

[email protected]

Aug 1, 2010
    I'd recommend learning pic microcontrollers. They are much less expensive. I used to program bacic and java stamps but found them to be inferior to pics.

6. darkman1969

darkman1969

Jun 23, 2010
    PIC+PDS is a good RAD system that works well for me. PIC are a good chip, i use them in most of my projects. I love PDS ,it lets me code rapidly in BASIC but still allows inline ASM if i need.

There is a mountain of info/tuts online for PIC Micros as well.

Ask a Question