Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Back to basics wiring question...how to hack headphones into TV..

goodkid1

Oct 14, 2015
Hi guys. I can't seem to find a modern answer to a very basic problem. My girl can't sleep with the TV volume on. I can't sleep with it off. So I want to get a "pillow speaker" hooked up to a modern TV. But I find no 3.5 mm jack on new TV's. Unless you can point out a Samsung that has one, I need to know if I can just cut off the 3.5 jack on the pillow speaker and wire it up as if I was wiring up one of the auxiliary speakers on an old HDTV Sony I own now. They have separate speakers that wire up just like any stereo speakers. Is there going to be an "over-power" problem? Will there be any impedance issues, etc., etc.? Thanks for spending time to answer a question from a "zero electronics knowledge" type guy. If you choose, I can also be reached at goodkid1@gmail.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hello,
Does your TV have RCA audio out?
If yes, you can get an RCA to female jack adapter. Obviously the jack size will depend on the jack you have now.

Martin

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello,
Does your TV have RCA audio out?
If yes, you can get an RCA to female jack adapter. Obviously the jack size will depend on the jack you have now.

Martin

.hahaha ... re your deja-vu ... yeah he posted the same thing again elsewhere ... I have deleted that thread

Dave

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hehe. Thanks for that Dave. I thought I was going even 'madder'.

Martin

goodkid1

Oct 14, 2015
Martin: Thanks for the reply. I figured that out about 10 minutes after I posted here. That is the perfect solution for me...and cheap too. After I just re-read the thread I wrote last night, I realize you must have thought me an idiot. I know I did!! lol......:) So obvious an answer from you. Thanks for your patience and good manners. lol

Dave: You are saying I posted this elsewhere? Geez, I sure don't remember that. lol...sorry. If I double-posted here it was by accident. Thanks for the help. :) Peter