Connect with us

AVR I/O during sleep/ power save mode

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by MrEE, Feb 12, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MrEE

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
    Hello all,

I am working on a project using the ATMEGA165P. I'd like to use the Power sleep mode (or some other similar low power mode), but just before I enter power sleep, I need to set an I/O to high. The question is, would the output remain high during sleep?

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Looking at the datasheet it appears that it will preserve the state of it though it does not state that directly.

If you can I would say program one to just turn on a few pins and then go to sleep and see if they still read high.

3. MrEE

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
    thanks for your reply. I've just started writing a simple test code. I'll post my results once I'm done..

4. MrEE

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
    ok.. I just tested the sleep under the idle mode. The output pin driving an LED remains HI during sleep (verfied current consumption drops to what the LED needs) then I wake up by pulling INT0 low.

Ask a Question