Connect with us

Arcade Monitor Chassis CRT Substitute

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by David Pittella, Jun 5, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hello all,

    I need some advice.

    I am restoring Pac-Man Mini arcade game with an Electrohome G07-FB0 13" CRT
    Monitor. This is for my own use.

    I would like to replace the CRT with one from an older 13" VGA monitor, I
    don't have a 13" CGA monitor or TV set available to scavenge a CRT. Has
    anyone tried this before?

    I have scavenged CRT's from older 19" TV's and replaced them in 19"
    G07-CBO's. I have not been lucky enough to find TV's with compatible yokes
    so the old tubes yoke had to be transplanted. Although I wasn't absolutely
    thrilled with the convergence, the replacement scavenged CRT's worked well.

    Thanks for the advice!

  2. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    The problem you'll run into is that most (all?) VGA tubes have two focus
    pins while the TV tubes have one. You'll have to transfer over the yoke
    in any case, but the focus arrangement will likely be your main
    obstacle, worth a shot though if you have a junk monitor laying around.

    I too have tranplanted a number of old TV tubes into 19" arcade monitors
    with good results, it took some fiddling but I was able to get the
    convergence nearly spot on eventually.
  3. James,

    Great reply .. thanks!


Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day