Connect with us


Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by VXtanyaXV, Jul 2, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. VXtanyaXV


    Jan 14, 2010
    I have an electrical plug that looks like the female end of a computer power cord:
    The plugs (holes) are closer together than regular 3-holed plugs. (It is 115v)

    I need to get something (an adapter (?)) so I can plug the usual 3 pronged (male) plug (or in this case a 2 pronged plug) into it.

    I do not know what I should look for?
    Please advise
    Thank you
  2. VXtanyaXV


    Jan 14, 2010
    Thank you for replying and for the links.

    What is the name or model number for the power cord receptacles for computers?
    And for the 3-prong / plug household cords / ends?

    The problem turns out to be requirement for a GFCI plug.
    I read there is a button on the plug that can be seen if it is a GFCI. - I do not see any although it is supposed to be a GFCI
    "The National Electrical Code requires the use of ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets outdoors"

    I guess an adapter would not be able to convert a non-GFCI nto a GFCI (of the household type)

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day