Connect with us

A431 NPN THROUGH TRANSISTOR

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by itsjolie, Mar 17, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. itsjolie

itsjolie

Mar 17, 2013
    Hi to anyone who can help im trying to find an npn transistor,the only number i have is A431, i have tried searching for the data sheet without success and cant find the part either,i believe it to be an NPN TRANSISTOR A431 as i have got the read out on my atlas analyser,and it came up as a NPN DIGITAL TRANSISTOR,does anybody know where i can get one or an equivelent,or a data sheet please,

kind regards

Paul:)

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi Paul
    welcome :)

A431 is probably a 2SA431
    The 1S, 2S, 3S were commonly dropped from the Japanes devices
    so you would end up with devices labelled.....
    Axxxx, Bxxxx, Cxxxx, Dxxxx, Kxxxx

the only problem is that the 2SAxxxx and 2SBxxxx are PNP devices and the 2SCxxxx and 2SDxxxx are NPN devices

the other device it could be is a (T)A431, (K)A431 which is a http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/150071/ETC1/TA431.html

cheers
    Dave

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Excellent reply, davenn!

4. itsjolie

itsjolie

Mar 17, 2013
    A431 TRANSISTOR

Hi davenn,
    ive just had a look at ta431 data sheet and it could well be the replacement i need,as its a shunt regullator,and on the board im working on its marked as SHUR1,when i checked my component A431 with the Atlas DCA55 Analyser it came up as a npn digital transistor,
    pin 1 base pin 2 emitter and 3 collector,so its confused me it doesnt take much to do that mind you lol,i will look into the info you have given me and let you know the result,

thanks for your quick reply and support,

kind regards

Paul:)

5. itsjolie

itsjolie

Mar 17, 2013
    Hello KrisBluNZ,
    thanks for supporting,Davenns reply,

kind regards

Paul

6. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    BTW the generic part number for the device is TL431. It was originally made by Texas Instruments. It's readily available from various manufacturers, through Digikey, Mouser, etc.

Ask a Question