Maker Pro
Maker Pro

90's vintage cartridges

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
I happened to aquire one(1) of these obsolete cartridges for my music synthesizer... But it takes a special kind of one of these cartridges called a Stor-Cart32 to store what are called pitch tables-(for you musical geniuses werkmeister and pythagorean) It has a doublesided 15 pins on one side and 16 pins on the other: small form factor ISA type cartridge, and after prying open one side and peeking into the plastic cartridge....

It appears to have a standard EPROM in it. It has a bar pin along one side, probably for the data, and so too ; Probably has the most complex of all programming models ever made for EPROM.

I can't find a programmer with the codes, a Storcart32, or a schematic/partbook/cart manual, or even any small form factor isa cards like this one.

I think it was made in canada, and the gov has shut it all down. gov pages everywhere... no more data in or out, and well if you are worried about getting legally strapped, well just forget it.
The rest of you....
if you have any of the data, parts, repair manuals o0r anything you want to dump... Got the pic?
OK! VFX carts will work, and I will even take old used broke ones if you have them.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
After a closer look through the peeky hole. ..

It looks like its not a standard Eprom but a hybridized 64 pin, eeprom to control the extra data with.
Now for the real brain buster...

The system which this cartridge is inserted into- when formatted ...-
9 stacks on each of 10 pages which contain multiple option(explicit) and system formatted data and system ops.

so building me one is out of the question!

The data on my only cartridge seems to have corruppted when I popped open the case.
darn.

Is the eeprom, a dynamic chip? or is it a dedicated chip?