Maker Pro
Maker Pro

5 Pins Micro USB Pin Out

g88

Jan 13, 2014
Hi i am new and new help here.

I bought these Micro USB connector from ebay thiking to DIY replacing my phone charging/data cord connector :eek: but upon i received the connector i found i am lost with the pin out :(

PinOut.jpg

Now my splice cable i have some with red, black, green and white wire in it (i presume red and black is +ve and -ve) how about the rest of 2 wire ?

Can i also use broken house USB cable and 'transform' it into a charging cable ?

Please help me out.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Get a working cable with the same connectors on the end. Use a multimeter to see which pin is connected to which pin. Then use the multimeter to determine which wire is connected to which pin on the splice cable you have. Then use the multimeter again to make sure you connect each wire to the correct connection on the other plug.

g88

Jan 13, 2014
Get a working cable with the same connectors on the end. Use a multimeter to see which pin is connected to which pin. Then use the multimeter to determine which wire is connected to which pin on the splice cable you have. Then use the multimeter again to make sure you connect each wire to the correct connection on the other plug.

Sorry i do not have a multimeter, even there is the pin is so small + i have no idea how to use the multimeter to test so on :eek:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The article I linked to tells you exactly that.

Bob