Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yihua soldering station review

ventsyv

Dec 3, 2014
In this thread, I mentioned that I purchased Chinese made soldering station and a few people were interested in finding out if it's any good so here is an update.

I got the station delivered last night, it took about 3-4 days here on the east coast, but one of them was NY day which is a holiday, so not too bad.

Here is the box: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0ygy2o7ny9y0j98/AABiu_Y5GxFT5zRBI3wDhQ68a

The station does not feel cheap or flimsy, the iron and the head gun feel well made, however the station will not turn on.
I checked the fuse and it appears to be OK. The manual is written very poorly, feels like something translated by Google translate, so I contacted the seller for further instructions.

I'll post further once I hear back from the seller.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Cheap isn't so good if it doesn't work. Let us know if you get it working or replaced.

ventsyv

Dec 3, 2014
I received the replacement unit plugged it in and it works fine. I've only tested the soldering station so far - it goes up yo about 350 degrees in about 15 20 secs, the soldering handle is very nice and easy to work with, it came with 5 extra tips i have not used yet. What would make a good station, what should I look for?