Maker Pro
Maker Pro

(woo woo) transformers 1:5 ratio - were to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

balves

Sep 11, 2013
Greetings wise electricians,

i am constructing a free energy generator and i am in the point of gathering all the components in order to build the generator later.

But i haven´t been able to find a place to purchase a specific component.
The description of the component is a "transformer 1:5 ratio for 110-220 Volts".

i believe the 110.220 volts part, regards to the american voltage and the European voltage respectively. But i do not know what the ratio 1:5 means.

If i knew what that means maybe i could find a website to purchase it.

So can anyone tell me were i can purchase this kind of transformer? And if so, does it have other specs description?

Thank you for the time to answer my questions.
Bernardo - Portugal - Europe

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
there's no such thing as free energy

would you like to explain your concept more clearly
give us a link to where you are getting the info and we can tell you if it will work
or if you are just wasting your time and money

Dave

balves

Sep 11, 2013
Hi Dave, thank you for your time and for respond to my request.

I know the free energy device is to good to be truth, but i am willing to give it a try.
I just need to know where i can find a transformer 1:5 ratio for 110-220 Volts.

I have put the schematics for you to analyse and also a picture of the transformer.
I have also the download page of the product which is [woo woo link removed]

so you can download everything for yourself.

I know that the transformer they claim have to have another spec description. because with only ""transformer 1:5 ratio for 110-220 Volts"", i cannot find it anywhere.

Thank again!
Best
Bernardo

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Although I second Dave, a transformer's ratio tells you what output voltage to expect when an input voltage is applied. In your case, it is either 220Vin, 1100Vout or 220Vin, 44V out. Your description is not clear on that.
But you're seriously wasting your time and money. The only one gaining from your effort is the guy selling you the stuff.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You've been scammed. Stop now, while you still have any money left.

Bob

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Yeah, and a little information about transformers:

The power in to a transformer is always a little more than the power you get out.

Whilst you can use a transformer to increase voltage, this also decreases current.

If you see videos where people measure voltage and current in an AC circuit then multiply them to get power, that's wrong. This only works in limited cases, essentially where the meter measures RMS voltages and currents correctly (most don't) and where the voltage and current is in phase (and a multimeter CANT measure that).

Other tricks include hiding batteries in things (I believe a hendershot generator video I've seen does this) or hiding connections to the mains where you can't see them.

See my sig.

easygoing

Nov 25, 2013
Balves

http://www.ehow.com/how_5973144_ratio-current-transformer.html

here is a link that might help with with the 1:5 ratio.......For example: if the primery winding on the transformer were 250 turns and the 1250 turns on the secondary, what is the turn ratio? Well what you do is you take 1250 divide that by 250 will give you 5. So the answer would be 1:5 since 1 will be on the top of the 250 and the 5 would be on the top of the 1250.....yes the hendershot generator works great and it is not a scam i have helped a guy build them and i like them better than the howard johnson motor there is a guy on ebay with everything you need but he is asking almost 500.00 and around 140.00 for the 2 unpolarized capacitors 500 micro farads and 4 1000 micro farads.....there is a link from china that has the capacitors a lot cheaper .......http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/rockmfeo/product-detailiMamLBKACNRd/China-Unpolarized-Capacitor-CD60-1000-Micro-Farad-250VAC.html good luck with your project

easygoing

Nov 25, 2013
lester hendershot made this generator and used it to fly across the ocean in a plane without any fuel just power from the magnetic field......http://www.hendershotgenerator.com/ty575543480.php?b=Xc4RfE56G

For building the Hendershot Generator you will need the following parts:
- one 100cm/60cm wood board (3ft/2ft)
- one piece of copper enameled wire, 50 meters long, 0.95 mm in diameter
- two pieces of copper PVC insulated copper wire, 18 meters long, 1.5 mm in diameter (different colour insulation)
- 150 skew sticks, 3mm in diameter
- 2 unpolarized capacitors, 500 micro Farads each
- 4 unpolarized capacitors, 1000 micro Farads each
- 2 transformers 1:5 ratio for 110-220 Volts
- one piece of copper PVC insulated copper wire, 10 meters long, 1 mm in diameter
- one surface applicable 110-220 volts socket
- one cardboard (can be plexi-glass, wood etc as long as it's not metallic) 10cm/10cm
- two furniture-drawer rails (the version with bearings, not the ones on wheels)
- two cylindrical iron bars, 2cm in diameter, 8cm long
- one rectangular iron bar, 10 cm long/0.5cm/2cm
- one magnet bar (rectangular or cylindrical), 10 cm long, 1.5 cm in diameter

here is the part list if an electrical supply could carry them im sure there is a lot of people out there looking for all these parts

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
For a ratio of 1:5, you can use a 5:1 transformer in reverse.
So 220V to 44V will be 5:1. I do not think the ratio is critical.

If this method of generating power is so good, do you run your computer on it?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
One should not forget to use a biflar wound condenser in the high voltage thronomister. If not, you will have trouble with the spirving coupling due to high ratiometric intolerance.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
lester hendershot made this generator and used it to fly across the ocean in a plane without any fuel just power from the magnetic field
Fuunny that someone performed an earth shattering feat like that, and I never heard of it, when the media is all of the guy who flew an ornithropter design just a few hundred yards was all of the media.

Bob

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
The book/dvd pack that people are trying to charge for on this topic is free if you search for it on Pirate bay. Most of the scam sites have been pirated for free.... Its a 2gb torrent with a few other "Free energy device" instruction packs Although you can just get the Hendershot stuff by telling the torrent client to not download the other files. You'd have to be totally bonkers to pay for something like that... Especially when there is a patent with all the replication info publicly available.... I dont know if this one works. Probably not. I'd never dissuade someone form making something like this myself. Just encourage them not to spend money on it... These projects can be a lot of fun, and a great learning experience if the builder actually takes the time to learn enough about whats going on and why. We can oftern learn a lot from stuff that doesn't work....

I've looked into a few like this. Mostly someone is mis-reading a power factor to be over-unity. As suggested by a few members above... Some are outright scams. I'd be inclined to not say something doesn't work without an exact replication to test though.. Only a Woo woo oil co paid troll would do something like that........ As to making fun of someone for trying to learn, well thats just plain mean... This one cant be a power factor as there is no ac input... It claims to "Harvest" magnetic energy... I'm fairly dubious its able to harvest the fluctuation in the earths mag field as the claims state, and if it did, it would have to have incredible efficiency to produce the 300w claimed... The earth's mag field fluctuations are tiny...

To me the schematics look like a complex tank circuit array, with multiple tanks. Its claimed to be an energy harvester, which it could well be. Id expect it to react strongly to some radio signals for eg.. I'd say the values would be very critical.... I'd be a little surprised if someone built this and there wasn't some signal oscillating around in there. I do doubt the 300w claims though. Maybe for a brief moment, after a long period of charging the tanks... I'd also expect that a significant portion of any energy it did harvest could well be man made, radio and tv broadcast etc.. If it did work, its not the sort of thing that can easily be proven.... There would be a lot to test, and expensive metering kit, as well as training in using that kit, would be required. Unless as is claimed you can just plug in a light globe and it works... Even then there will be people saying you have a Tesla coil in the next room, or are powering it with a hidden co2 laser or something... And there are scammers that do such a thing...

If people are so keen to bag out a device like this out, and mis-categorize it as something it never claimed to be.. They should do so by demonstration with an exact replica. Exactly what it does do, and why it cant works, as well as the common misconceptions people have reading the outputs etc... In this way others my be dissuaded from wasting their time. When people ask an honest question and get made fun of, and their posts and links edited etc. It only confirms to them that there is a conspiracy.... Drives them on harder..... The op has probably gone over to one of the forums where they will get less expert advice now... Expect to see more people building this device soon. As a direct result of this thread....

If the op comes back I would be more than happy to help them salvage/make the parts they need for free, or as cheaply as possible and guide them through any other questions about construction. All I ask is that before they start, they make sure they have access to a decent oscilloscope (preferably 2 or more analog channels) so that any output can be documented. To build this without access to an o'scope would indeed be a waste of time and further contribute to the massive amount of poor info on these devices.

This one has been added to my to do list..... A fair way down though, as I have stuff that is more likely to pay I am working on for now. Like 3d printer...

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
[...] you can just get the Hendershot stuff by telling the torrent client to not download the other files. [...] I dont know if this one works. Probably not.
Are you implying that you think some "over-unity" or "free energy" devices DO work?
These projects can be a lot of fun, and a great learning experience if the builder actually takes the time to learn enough about whats going on and why. We can oftern learn a lot from stuff that doesn't work....
I strongly disagree. We only learn from stuff that DOESN'T work if we can figure out WHY it doesn't work, and then MAKE it work. A design that WILL NEVER work is only a source of frustration, never education.
As suggested by a few members above... Some are outright scams.
I don't think anyone said SOME of them are scams!
I'd be inclined to not say something doesn't work without an exact replication to test though.. Only a Woo woo oil co paid troll would do something like that........
I will confidently say that the Hendershot "generator" will never work, I'm not being paid by ANYONE, least of all an oil company!
As to making fun of someone for trying to learn, well thats just plain mean...
I wouldn't make fun of people who want to learn. I would only advise them not to waste their money, time, and enthusiasm on an impossible dream. I WOULD make fun of the con artists who try to make money from the first group. I also like to have fun with people who should know better than to give this stuff any credibility at all, as you can tell...
This one cant be a power factor as there is no ac input... It claims to "Harvest" magnetic energy... I'm fairly dubious its able to harvest the fluctuation in the earths mag field as the claims state, and if it did, it would have to have incredible efficiency to produce the 300w claimed... The earth's mag field fluctuations are tiny...
300W? That must be the industrial model. The article I read claimed it could power a small radio. But it's all made up anyway, so what does it matter?
To me the schematics look like a complex tank circuit array, with multiple tanks. Its claimed to be an energy harvester, which it could well be.
It contains inductors, transformers, capacitors, and magnets. The usual suspects for these devices. It doesn't have any moving parts, and no big rotating disc, which is disappointing, I feel. Perhaps they should add a few diodes to make up for that.
Id expect it to react strongly to some radio signals for eg..
The capacitors are all in the microfarad range.
[...]
There would be a lot to test, and expensive metering kit, as well as training in using that kit, would be required. Unless as is claimed you can just plug in a light globe and it works...
The PDF you can download from hendershotgenerator.com has a picture showing a board with 28 incandescent bulbs glowing.
If people are so keen to bag out a device like this out, and mis-categorize it as something it never claimed to be.. They should do so by demonstration with an exact replica. Exactly what it does do, and why it cant works, as well as the common misconceptions people have reading the outputs etc...
No, the opposite is true. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim that his invention violates known laws of physics. In this instance, there doesn't even seem to be any attempt at explaining how it works, beyond the idea that it uses the earth's magnetic field, or "earth currents". If there was anything to it, it would be properly documented, patented, and in mass production all around the world.
When people ask an honest question and get made fun of, and their posts and links edited etc. It only confirms to them that there is a conspiracy.... Drives them on harder.....
I assure you I am not part of any conspiracy to cover up radical disruptive new technology. If a real, working free energy generator existed, I would be over the moon! My interest is in helping Electronics Point users, as you know. In this case I want to help people to save their money from being taken by unscrupulous conmen, and to save their sanity.

Last edited:

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
Kris I have to disagree with all your claims...

Tons of energy harvesting devices out there capable of paying off the cost of manufacturer.

The obvious solar, wind, and hydro ones...

Then there is stuff like this.
Which is 100+ year old tech..... I think to add a tank circuit and some step down would likely make the output more usable.... May not work, but far from a stupid idea. Some versions use a reverse bias spark plug->revers ignition coil->FWBR-> charge battery. I'm hearing many reports of charging 12v systems similar to small solar/wind systems this way... From 60 feet or so of cable...

I'm still not finding your attached hendershot replication peer review... You certainly have the skills to give it a genuine attempt... At this point if you dont, you are working for petro chem company's.. Whether by formal agreement, or just bad attitude.... Due to saying it doesn't work without having tested it.... If your not prepared to put in the replication time. dont waste everyone else's time being a bad sport!!

You keep saying this device wont produce power. I have asked anyone that disagrees to prove it with a working model... I am assembling parts. Challenge has been issued. I can definitely power a small radio with this device. Lets make it interesting and have a lux challenge. See who can get the most LUX produced by any light source... LEDs incandescent, spark gap whatever. Measurements are to be taken in true RMS with an o'scope. And compared to LUX meter averages.

Even a device that dosent work, and you have some idea why, but cant fix it will teach something... If it wont work and you have no idea why, you'll probably still learn stuff trying to work it out. If your getting frustrated, you have an attitude issue. which is preventing you from seeing possible solutions as you are focusing on the problem to the exclusion of logical thought.

Are you implying that you think some "over-unity" or "free energy" devices DO work?

I dont belive the laws of thermo dynamics are wrong. I have a di-pole antenna that throws sparks though.... I think there are likely many ways of harvesting energy's that we are only barely aware of to do work, with a device that is cheap and easy to make... Chances of making one that will run my fridge in my backyard are fairly low, but these things could be improved by people with better skills, training, and tools. If they would stop insulting people etc for long enough to pull heads out of asses and give it a go. Whats the worst that could happen? spend some time on one that doesn't work, and upload results so others dont have to waste time on that one?

I wouldn't make fun of people who want to learn. I would only advise them not to waste their money, time, and enthusiasm on an impossible dream. I WOULD make fun of the con artists who try to make money from the first group. I also like to have fun with people who should know better than to give this stuff any credibility at all, as you can tell...

So If someone does an experiment to try and find something out for them self, and you have told them it will fail without any scientific basis or explanation. That makes them a target in your opinion? Because I'd say that makes them an excellent scientist.

No wonder this forum is dying.... Anyone that wants to try something not in a text book gets bulled out. Its not a forum, its a Sheeple factory.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Kris I have to disagree with all your claims...
Tons of energy harvesting devices out there capable of paying off the cost of manufacturer.
The obvious solar, wind, and hydro ones...
That doesn't disagree with my claims.

I didn't, and don't, claim that it's impossible to convert energy from one form to another!

These schemes all convert energy from one form to another. Light energy from the sun; wind which is created by heat from the sun; hydro which is created by evaporation due to heat from the sun.

Tidal energy also sounds promising to me. This is created by energy from the gravitational pull of the moon as it spins around the planet. This source of energy, like the sun, will eventually fail, but not for a very long time!

This is a totally different concept from the idea of energy being created from nothing!
Then there is stuff like this.
Which is 100+ year old tech.....
An "atmospheric motor". Sounds serious!
I think to add a tank circuit and some step down would likely make the output more usable.... May not work, but far from a stupid idea.
Bzzzt! Wrong. A "step down" arrangement (gearing, or transformer) does not increase the amount of energy. This is all basic stuff.
Some versions use a reverse bias spark plug->revers ignition coil->FWBR-> charge battery. I'm hearing many reports of charging 12v systems similar to small solar/wind systems this way... From 60 feet or so of cable...
There's a lot of BS around. People like to claim things like this, for various reasons. I can't say they're wrong; I just say that if it's for real, they need to take a scientific approach: document everything, get third parties involved, etc. Garage tinkerers with YouTube videos do not convince me, and they shouldn't convince you.
I'm still not finding your attached hendershot replication peer review... You certainly have the skills to give it a genuine attempt... At this point if you dont, you are working for petro chem company's.. Whether by formal agreement, or just bad attitude.... Due to saying it doesn't work without having tested it.... If your not prepared to put in the replication time. dont waste everyone else's time being a bad sport!!
What utter rubbish!

Where is the detailed explanation of how the Hendershot contraption is claimed to work? Where is even a BASIC explanation of how it's supposed to work? Apparently it extracts energy from the Earth's magnetic field. That's an old idea, but it doesn't work - a static magnetic field does not HAVE any energy.

You have the wrong attitude. Have you heard the axiom "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"?

In claiming that yet another free energy device will not work, I am not making an extraordinary claim! I am actually making a very mundane claim. It is incumbent upon the person who claims that he has violated the laws of physics and nature to provide convincing evidence.
You keep saying this device wont produce power. I have asked anyone that disagrees to prove it with a working model... I am assembling parts. Challenge has been issued. I can definitely power a small radio with this device. Lets make it interesting and have a lux challenge. See who can get the most LUX produced by any light source... LEDs incandescent, spark gap whatever. Measurements are to be taken in true RMS with an o'scope. And compared to LUX meter averages.
You're assembling a Hendershot generator?

If you believe in it, this is probably the best way to get you to understand. It's a shame it will waste a lot of time, and perhaps money. But it should convince you... If you are intellectually honest with yourself.

If you put the failure down to not having exactly the right part, or not holding your tongue at the right angle, or any other reason, you will be deliberately deceiving yourself.

I am not interested in building one myself, and I don't think anyone else should either. But if you want to challenge the laws of physics, that's up to you.
Even a device that dosent work, and you have some idea why, but cant fix it will teach something... If it wont work and you have no idea why, you'll probably still learn stuff trying to work it out. If your getting frustrated, you have an attitude issue. which is preventing you from seeing possible solutions as you are focusing on the problem to the exclusion of logical thought.
Needless to say, I disagree.
I dont belive the laws of thermo dynamics are wrong. I have a di-pole antenna that throws sparks though.... I think there are likely many ways of harvesting energy's that we are only barely aware of to do work, with a device that is cheap and easy to make...
Harvesting energy? Great idea, if you can find a plentiful source of energy. Like I said, tidal sounds like a very good idea to me. Not that easy to harvest, but it seems like there would be a lot of energy involved. I don't really know much about it though. It might be a pipe dream I guess.

Extracting energy from radio waves? Possibly feasible for very low-power applications if you live underneath a transmitter! But any tiny bit of energy you harvest is ultimately coming from the mains electricity supply, and beyond that, from coal, gas, wind, solar etc.
Chances of making one that will run my fridge in my backyard are fairly low, but these things could be improved by people with better skills, training, and tools. If they would stop insulting people etc for long enough to pull heads out of asses and give it a go. Whats the worst that could happen? spend some time on one that doesn't work, and upload results so others dont have to waste time on that one?
That's not a sensible approach. There are hundreds of crazy ideas out there. Claiming that skeptics need to build them, in order to demonstrate that they won't work, is not reasonable. Most of them are so poorly documented that you can ignore them off the bat anyway. And skills, training and tools won't help if the whole concept is unworkable.
So If someone does an experiment to try and find something out for them self, and you have told them it will fail without any scientific basis or explanation. That makes them a target in your opinion? Because I'd say that makes them an excellent scientist.
Bzzzt! Do you know how science is done?

You need to first understand the existing laws and theory that are relevant to your field. This is where "over-unity" and "free energy" folks fall down before taking their first step.

Then you need to have a clear hypothesis (what's commonly called a "theory"). Then you perform your experiments. Then you document your results.

Alternatively, you can actually mess around with stuff in the hope that you'll discover something useful, but when you do, you (or someone else) needs to document it to a level where other (skeptical) scientists can see exactly how it's supposed to work, be confident that you haven't made any fundamental errors due to any of many types of common misunderstandings, and be able to repeat the experiment if they are adequately convinced that it might be worthwhile.

This process does not normally include providing minimal information, building prototypes in your garage, uploading unclear videos to YouTube, asking for investors, and selling components and plans. These are hallmarks of the con artist, or at least the hopelessly self-deceived.
No wonder this forum is dying.... Anyone that wants to try something not in a text book gets bulled out. Its not a forum, its a Sheeple factory.
This forum is dying? It seems pretty active to me. Several new members recently. What makes you think it's dying?

Edit:

When people come to these forums with new ideas, the response seems to go in one of three directions.

If it's a reasonable idea and they just need help with the design, then we provide that help. It doesn't matter whether the idea is in a textbook or not; if it's feasible, we help.

If it's an unreasonable idea, and they have suggested it because they're new to electronics and don't understand what would be involved, we tell them so, and give specifics of why it's impractical.

If it's an idea of the type that is widely known to be impossible, presented by people who ought to know better, some of us can be disparaging. It's our way of trying to save them from themselves. A bit of reason and ridicule every time they promote something crazy SHOULD discourage people. Unfortunately with the really serious and underinformed ones, it can have the opposite effect. But staying silent can be interpreted as tacit acceptance, so I don't always do that.

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Im going to close this thread now

it really has run its course

Mongrel Shark, you really do need to go learn some real science/physics
then when you post stuff online, it wont make you look so, ummmm, foolish ;)

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.