Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Woo-Woo Lets talk about magnets... Why they can't be a source of energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moha99

Nov 18, 2011
Hello everyone.

So as the title shows the obvious question...
Why?
What do you define as an energy source? What aspect fulfill that criteria of being a "source" of energy?

Now, to be clear. I've studied a lot and a lot over the last year, and the laws of physics are my guide so no need to remind me thermodynamics and conservation of energy because 1. I know them and understand them well.
2. We are not talking about perpetual motion.

General definition of energy to me is: An ability given to all physical objects to do work.
Energy source: A system that gives off an excess of energy Example: Waterfalls, Wind, Solar, Fossile fules, Nuclear, etc...

Most of these systems have a huge potential stored. As soon as they react with a certain "key" input in the system that allows them to give "off" energy and become a source.

Like Fossile fules can't do anything without heat.
Solar energy useless without a way to absorb its energy.
Hydro is pointless without gravity and turbine harnessing its motion.
You know how this pattern goes... Many complicated factors add up to give you a result.
And finally, magnets... They can certainly due work. But! Can they be a source of energy?
They are certainly a source of Force in the equation W=Fd,
If you move it in a distance they are doing work. But your input is certainly greater than their potential output.

Over-unity, in reality exists but in the form of potential energy being stored and converted from an input of energy.
Its that kick needed to jumpstart a system I guess.

So enough of my intro let the discussion being!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Over-unity, in reality exists but in the form of potential energy being stored and converted from an input of energy.

That isn't the definition of overunity
there is NO SUCH THING as overunity

Magnets are not a source of energy, they do not store energy

This thread will go nowhere
as on any decent forum any talk of overunity is barred because it breaks the laws of physics

thread closed

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.