Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Why I want my old world back!

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I just saw a commercial but as usual, though I remember the irritating details, I have no idea what they were advertising.

Here's the scene... We have a young boy Trout fishing with Grandpa and Dad on the banks of beautiful cold water creek. In the old days the last scene would be the happy guys pan frying the catch over a camp fire. Not today though. Oh nooo, we can't have that. It's not PC. No, the last scene is the boy releasing the fish as Dad and Grandpa look on approvingly.

The scene they didn't show was the guys woofing down hot dogs and burgers instead of the Trout. After all that comes packaged in plastic and no animals were killed or harmed to put them there!

The new world sucks!

Chris

Edit: My Dad would have put his boot up my butt! :eek:

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
PETA's already after the advertiser for showing the boy catching the fish in the first place.
The sequel will be grandpa,dad, and son chowing down on tofu.
I've been looking and looking, but I don't recognize this country as the one I grew up in.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
That's because it's not! :mad:

Chris

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
This peta mob gives real animal lovers a bad name.
I'm as big a tree hugger as you can get (although I dont actually hug trees) and I say catching your own food is the most natural thing you can do.

The problem is theres no common sense left in the world. People sign up to a set of prescribed ideals and happily beat people over the head with them, but not once do they take the time to think for themselves. The same goes for your average voter :p

Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
The vast majority of environmentalists have never set foot in the wild!

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The sequel will be grandpa,dad, and son chowing down on tofu.

Do you realise the environmental and social implications, not to mention the dangers of pyto-estrogens on androgen hormones, of an increased usage of soy protein?

No, the only solution is for them to be seen grazing from a patch of grass they grew themselves without chemical fertilisers, pesticides, herbicides, or gene-modified seed.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Ever wonder what these Vegheads would do if tomorrow's headlines read ..
"Sientists have discovered that vegetables feel pain"!

Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hahaha Chris

that would totally screw them up !!
all these starving to death vegetarians ... my heart bleeds for them <heavy sarcasm>

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
My wife is a self-described "meatatarian", to which she adds that she eats vegetarians.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Chris,

It's funny you mention the whole "Vegetables feel pain" thing, there actually have been studies that have found that plants, when cut, do in a sense "scream". They emit certain chemicals that are only found when cut forcefully, they do not emit them when small parts are bitten off, only when cut "painfully".

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
Amusing quote I came across but cant remember where: "If you love animals so much, why are you eating all their food?" :p

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
I need to send you a copy of my cookbook.....the title is:

"The Politically Incorrect Cookbook......and why I hate Militant Vegetarians more than I hated the Viet Cong!

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I need to send you a copy of my cookbook.....the title is:

"The Politically Incorrect Cookbook......and why I hate Militant Vegetarians more than I hated the Viet Cong!

It's amazing that Swamp People & Duck Dynasty are as popular as they are. It indicates that there are a lot more of us out there that long for the basics of life, when Men were Men and Women were Women. Current PC dictates that men should be more like women and women more like men.

No, I don't think women in combat is a stellar idea!
No, I don't think coed dorms are conducive for higher learning!
No, I don't think prisoner Bob should become Sally on the taxpayer's dime!
No, I don't think that Zimmerman is a murderer.
No, I don't like female hero movies unless she's hot and wearing next to nothing. :p
No, I don't feel Man's natural desire to hunt and fish his food goes against nature.
Yes, I think (not so little) Trayvon was a gang banger. He wanted to intimidate people. Apparently he did!
No, I don't think that Vietnamese Reconstruction policy was a great idea. Our SVN barbers were let through the camp perimeter every day. Charley moonlighted though! We shot him one night while he was lobing mortars into our camp. He knew the layout like a map maker!

Chris

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
A lot of the country hasn't turned yet, you just never hear about the rest of us.
The libs own the schools, the media, and the political process. And they silence
any opposition.
I'm just worried about how much of the population HAS already been turned to the dark side.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm just worried about how much of the population HAS already been turned to the dark side.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE

(We have cookies!)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We ARE living the dark side.
Like the blind, many can't see it because of the darkness.

mrmodify

Feb 13, 2010
Some people can't find the forest because of the trees. :eek:

Glad I am on the down side of 50. I did get to see some great things. Man walking on the moon, finding the titanic and able to watch it on TV. Electronics during the 70's for me was great..

I feel sorry for the kids that are young and have not fallen to the Dark Side. Hopefully those that are left never will fall.

Thank God for Duck Dynasty at least they hunt, fish, eat, and pray together as a family at the table. A good foundation that is long gone in the US at least for the for the most part.

God Help Us.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Gonzo, you'll be interested to know that there's a theater owner in Kentucky that's refusing to show "The Butler" because Hanoi Jane stars as Nancy Reagan.

Chris