Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where to Buy/Sell/Trade

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
Hey guys,
So im fairly new to electronics but im learning very fast. Ive started to buy broken electronics off ebay, fix them and sell them to make a couple dollars on the side. I was wondering who else on here does this and where do you do your business? Also is there a good place to buy components? (Caps,resistors,transistors,IC)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi
welcome to EP :)

Ive started to buy broken electronics off ebay, fix them and sell them to make a couple dollars on the side.

that's cool :) just a warning, be careful on what you buy to repair. You live in the country that thrives on suing people for injury/death etc
make sure you follow the trade rules to keep out of trouble ... ie. public liability insurance :)

I was wondering who else on here does this and where do you do your business?

I used to service VCR's, DVD players, TV's etc, it's just not worth it these days ... the cost of repair time and parts compared to buying a new unit
unless it is a very simple fault.
I moved into manufacturing electronics. I work from home, it saves a lot of additional costs ....
I still have a full time day job, my manufacturing from home just provides very good pocket money :)

Also is there a good place to buy components?

in the USA you have Farnell, Mouser, and a number of other trustworthy component suppliers ... some of those bigger ones can be a bit on the expensive side
I only go to them if it is something my main supplier cannot supply
Here in Australia I use Altronics and I buy enough from them that they gave me a wholesale account, which really drops the prices for me

I am unsure what other suppliers you have locally in the USA that you could go to for lower prices ?

Dave

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
Honestly i have this local electronics repair place that sells me some my supplies but at a higher price. If i dont mind waiting i go through eBay or Amazon.
What do you manufacture? Do you just sell to the public?

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
Very cool. Thanks for the reply. Ill look into protecting myself in the future.