Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What uses the Toshiba TFD40W11-B?

jmcelhannon52

Dec 29, 2009
Can anybody tell me exacly what pieces of equipment (a few specific examples) that use the Toshiba TFD40W11 or TFD40W11-B thin film transistor LCD panel. I need to replace one in my Hitachi VC-5430 oscilloscope but just about every online source only deals in large quantity and the ones that will sell them individually wants nearly $300.00 for a 4" display. I figure it will be less expensive just to locate some piece of hardware that uses this display and simply part it out. Probably in some automotive navigation systems but not sure. Can anybody assist me with this? I know they are somewhat widely used and don't even ask what the Hitachi service center quoted for repair. Thanks.

LightBeing

Aug 18, 2015
Hi,
I realise that this is an old thread but just wondering if anyone has found a solution? Many thanks.

Josh_the_DIY'er

Apr 10, 2014
Thread is old as hell. But info is ageless.
I just found one of these displays.
TFD40w11-b.
Appears to have the same connector as Raspberry Pi B+ DisplayPort.
Very simple board attached basically mini TV for carrying in the car. Two headphone jack 3.5mm output. Other side has game input AV input and DC power input. volume and brightness knobs

Josh_the_DIY'er

Apr 10, 2014
Interesting to know you need this screen for an oscilloscope maybe I can make one with this. Here is some pics. any ideas what to do with it

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Chuck it in the bin.

The 'same connector' is a meaningless statement as the actual pinout arrangement could be, literally, anything. Have you found a data sheet for the panel? This would be the only realistic means of using the display for anything.

But given that you can get full colour LCD panels of similar size, fully documented, with drivers built-in and software readily available for only a few £ it's simply not worth the time, expense and effort of dragging some 'unknown' panel back to life.