Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What Part is This?

Jonathan Rullman

Oct 16, 2017
I found this unknown, two prong part out of an early 2000’s Panasonic CRTV. I was just curious if anyone had any idea what it is? It is unfortunatlely devoid of any markings.

Attachments

• DAB6A3F8-5373-4B6B-90FB-B40ED2793C46.jpeg
    DAB6A3F8-5373-4B6B-90FB-B40ED2793C46.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 151

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Johnathan . . . . .

An Optical " collusion " ?

Do a double check. . . . .

Take note of the gauge of the bare tinned wire size to the right bottom.
Check at the right top corner and see if you don't see the same tinned wire coming out and making a sharp bend to the left and then passing across the top to the left and then passing down inside the unit and coming out as the bottom left bare tinned wire..

To confirm take a DVM and switch into its low ohms function . . .lowest range . . .then short its test leads together.
Observe the reading and then go over and test across your mystery units two wires.
If the unit test the same . . . . as it being a short circuit . . . you have yourself, no ceramic resonator . . . . but a ferrite choke as is used for RFI-EMI supression / filtering.

73's de Edd

Jonathan Rullman

Oct 16, 2017
Sir Johnathan . . . . .

An Optical " collusion " ?

Do a double check. . . . .

Take note of the gauge of the bare tinned wire size to the right bottom.
Check at the right top corner and see if you don't see the same tinned wire coming out and making a sharp bend to the left and then passing across the top to the left and then passing down inside the unit and coming out as the bottom left bare tinned wire..

To confirm take a DVM and switch into its low ohms function . . .lowest range . . .then short its test leads together.
Observe the reading and then go over and test across your mystery units two wires.
If the unit test the same . . . . as it being a short circuit . . . you have yourself, no ceramic resonator . . . . but a ferrite choke as is used for RFI-EMI supression / filtering.

73's de Edd

Wow!! Thank You!, You are indeed correct that it's a ferrite choke. It resembles all of the characteristics that you stated. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me!!