Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What kind of resistor should be appropriate for my laptop?

Kynix

Jun 27, 2016
My laptop fan standard 5v 0.35a, the original sound really loud. It became very light when I plus a 30 ohm resistor. But the temperature will getting higher when cpu was busy. Should I change it ? What kind of resistor should be appropriate? Or is there some formula or not? I will be very appreciate if you give me some advice. Thanks a lot!:confused:

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
Why not use a propriate software to regulate the fans?

I suggest you trying to see if SpeedFan will work on your laptop. Also remove dust from the heat sink, fan blades and other places where dust spoils the cooling effect.

KeithM

Nov 3, 2015
What brand and model is your laptop? If we know that we might be able to give you some more specific ideas :)

Kynix

Jun 27, 2016
I suggest you change the fan in place

Installation of resistance will result your situation and can't meet the speed requirements of high-speed load.
Thank u ,But I still want to have a try.Anyhow,it's a kind of way to relax myself.

Kynix

Jun 27, 2016
Why not use a propriate software to regulate the fans?

I suggest you trying to see if SpeedFan will work on your laptop. Also remove dust from the heat sink, fan blades and other places where dust spoils the cooling effect.
oh ,I haven't even thought about that. YES. I could have a try.

Kynix

Jun 27, 2016
If you do not want to change the fan, to buy a 30 - 40 ohm NTC resistor, this is a high negative temperature coefficient thermistor temperature. The higher the temperature, the lower the resistance, your problems can be solved. 40 degrees at 0 ohm resistor ,60 degrees at 20 ohm resistor, 100 degrees around 2 ohm resistor.

Installation is very simple, ntc pasted inside the heat pipe installed in the notebook above, both ends of the fan connected to the cut ends of the red line (that is, you, like 30 ohm resistor connection, just stick to the heat pipe).;)
Okay , I want to try a propriate software to regulate the fans.If I couldn't make it well.I will try your way. Thank u so much for providing me a detailed description.