Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What is wrong with my tablet?

Awesomesauce99

Sep 29, 2016
So today I get home and I want to go on my Samasung tablet. When I go to turn it on, it doesn't. It was fully charged but I pluged it in incase. But then it didn't show the charging screen like it should so I tried to turn it on, nothing. I am really nervous because I had a lot of stuff on there. Does anyone know how to fix it? It is 2 years old going on 3 if that helps.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
I think it is virtually impossible for someone to just tell you what is wrong without examinint the tablet itself first.

There are so many things that could be responsible for the symptoms you describe... e.g bad screen, bad screen backlight, damaged mainboard and so on...

P.S. what model is it ?

Awesomesauce99

Sep 29, 2016
What? The screen on the outside is fine I have never dropped it. It gets very hot and charges badly. Could it be the battery then, did it just die?
It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8 1/2 inch SM-T320

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Try turning the tablet completely off by holding the on/off button pressed for a few seconds. It helped with a Galaxy Tab 10 I had to revive (not connected on USB).
If this doesn't work, you can try to open the tablet and physically disconnect the battery to force a shutdown. This requires definitely some more effort. Here's a video for a 10'' tab. It may help for yur tablet, too. Or look for a matching instructable for your tablet.

I sincerely hope the first method works for you.

Awesomesauce99

Sep 29, 2016
Thank you! I tried that and now it works. I am actually using it to type this message. I don't like to admit it but I am not a tech wiz. I like animals as seen in my profile picture. Thank you for your help.