What is a traveling wave tube and what's it worth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 117

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
A Traveling Wave Tube or TWT is rugged thermionic electron tube device for linearly amplifying microwave RF signals. Various models exist according to center frequency, bandwidth, output power, power gain and noise factor. Closely related to Backward Wave Oscillator (BWO) designs in their construction.

It's worth whatever a willing buyer who happens to need one will pay for it. Makes an interesting coffee-table discussion item and would look nice on a curio shelf. Price on eBay is all over the map. Can you guarantee that yours works? Kinda hard to test without a few hundred thousand dollars worth of support equipment. Our resident microwave expert and general all around helpful guy might recognize it and respond to your query. Hope you didn't pay a fortune for that paper weight.

CJS

Jul 26, 2016
A Traveling Wave Tube or TWT is rugged thermionic electron tube device for linearly amplifying microwave RF signals. Various models exist according to center frequency, bandwidth, output power, power gain and noise factor. Closely related to Backward Wave Oscillator (BWO) designs in their construction.

It's worth whatever a willing buyer who happens to need one will pay for it. Makes an interesting coffee-table discussion item and would look nice on a curio shelf. Price on eBay is all over the map. Can you guarantee that yours works? Kinda hard to test without a few hundred thousand dollars worth of support equipment. Our resident microwave expert and general all around helpful guy might recognize it and respond to your query. Hope you didn't pay a fortune for that paper weight.

Thanks this was helpful and no I got it for 30 bucks I new it was something of value as soon as I seen it.

Last edited by a moderator: