Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What is this part?!

Harrison U

Aug 4, 2018
I hate to keep annoying you but does it matter if it is not 1.2 uH or is it vital for the success of the repair?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I hate to keep annoying you but does it matter if it is not 1.2 uH or is it vital for the success of the repair?

did you read my last couple of posts ?
Going by your responses, it seems as if you haven't

You didn't want to spend lots on postage … more than the part was worth

I have been giving you a cheap and easy alternate option

Dave

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The actual value won't be critical. Rewinding it is one option and matching the wire/turns will give the right answer.

If you're 'getting into' electronics and repairs then you might look at collecting old, dud, equipment and PSU's. Those inductors are very common in many modern PSU's and a surplus one - even of the 'wrong value' - may well be suited to the job. But getting a decent test meter will also be a very important decision for you and provide the necessary test facilities to both check components and locate faults.

You're on the slippery slope to 'addiction' to electronics! It could well take you into a prosperous career in the future too......

debe

Oct 15, 2011
This is pretty close to the inductor you show. I would just rewind yours with the same diameter enamel covered wire & same turns..05mH-.6mm wire,35T..JPG