Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What could be the failure cause of a circuit when it works 18 times over 20 times

Emam

Jul 7, 2014
Dear all,
I have a big problem which makes me crazy!!
I have a circuit containing three blocks :
- block 1: RC parallel circuit
- block 2: Asics circuit
- block 3: two transisitors (1 bipolar and 1 mosfet P type)
The main job of the circuit is to receive a single rectangular pulse at the input of the RC circuit to supply the circuit, then use the ASICS module as a timer (to generate different times), and finally close the 2 switches (bipolar and Mosfet) at the time specified by the ASIC module.

The circuit works perfectly 18 times over 20 times.
However 2 times it does noe work.

In general, do you know what could be the reason when a circuit does not work only few times?
Could you please tell me what test I can do to check?
Bests regards

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
That's not much to go on.
I would guess one of your inputs or outputs is hanging-up (not returning to it's 'rest' state).
Without more information, I'd take voltage readings when the circuit is working, and then again when it hangs-up,to try to isolate the problem.
Do you have any floating grounds in your circuit that could be causing a high or a low intermittently?
Any outside test and measuremnt equipment hooked-up already when you're running the circuit, that might be causing it to latch?
Any changes in power to the devices that might be driving the circuit output to the high or low voltage rail?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Psychic healing and "remote viewing" were not part of my education. How about posting a schematic and the definition of the logic in the ASIC so we have some idea where to start!